Is it OK to spray paint a compound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an Elite compound that I occasionally shoot just for grins. It is snow camo, so basically it’s white.

I got a hankering to go kill something with it, and that white just bugs me to no end.

Would it hurt anything to spray paint it with Krylon or something like that????

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've painted a couple bowfishing bows with krylon no problem.

Comment

Maybe like a Camo Wrap or Gun Skins??? Might be better than paint?

Comment

Sure. Get after it!

Comment

I painted my first 2 bows with spray cans. The critters never knew the difference!

Comment

It’s going to kill resell but if that doesn’t matter then go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
              It’s going to kill resell but if that doesn’t matter then go for it!

I am considering that too. It’s like a 2011 model, so not sure really how much resale value it would have??? I wonder if camo tape would work?

I am not a compound guy. I have not shot one regularly in probably 25yrs or more. I shot it for about 45 minutes today and broke 2 nocks and ruined one shaft. Gonna have to aim at different dots!!!!

Longbows are way more sexy though!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Last edited by Bisch; 05-14-2019, 06:13 PM.

Comment

It won't hurt one bit. The only draw back to using paint like Krylon is to make sure you do it a good bit in advance before you go hunt. It seems like it takes forever for the paint odor to wear off. I don't know if that would affect any critters though.

Comment

Years ago the had spray paint the you could remove easily with a product they sold , it was made specifically for guns and bows.
                  I can't remember the name

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

My first bow was spray painted, so as others have said go forward

Comment

years ago if you wanted a camo bow you HAD to spray paint it.
                      Aint gonna hurt it but might make it a bit hard to resale.

Comment

Not a vertical bow, but my Killer Instinct crossbow is all black. I wanted to spray paint a camo pattern on it and contacted the factory to see what paint they would recommend. I found out that any type of paint or tape nullifies the lifetime warranty. I loosely wrap pieces of camo burlap around the limbs of the bow and call it good.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Sure go for it' I would'nt like the white either.

Comment

Bisch.... Bisch..... Bisch....I can't believe you are shooting something with wheels!

Sharpie Markers or Marks-a-Lot is pretty easy to color up the white without having a heavy coating of paint. Just a thought.

Comment

How else will find the bow in the dark box?

Comment

Working...
                              X