Foot Dr needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man some of you guys are rough.

I started this thread looking for a specific TBH member. I trust him more than some name on a business card, even though we've never met.

I chose to update this thread with pictures and info so that those of you who are curious will know.

I've been put on crutches, boot, and no weight bearing. Also been referred to an orthopedic surgeon. My biggest fear. God is in charge.

I'll continue to share my life with you my family. Family whom I love exponentially and deeply cherish.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post

I started this thread looking for a specific TBH member. I trust him more than some name on a business card, even though we've never met.

I chose to update this thread with pictures and info so that those of you who are curious will know.

I've been put on crutches, boot, and no weight bearing. Also been referred to an orthopedic surgeon. My biggest fear. God is in charge.

I'll continue to share my life with you my family. Family whom I love exponentially and deeply cherish.
      Sounds like they were just clownin' around with you. All in good fun. Hope you get to feeling better quick.

Comment

Thank you so much!!!! I’m not sure what we’d do otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They're just ribbing you a bit Pushbutton2, or maybe pushing your button twice, but fact is that what has been seen can't be unseen.

Heal up.

I would not do the podiatrist thing but find an Orthopedist who specializes in feet. This comes from experience.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            Thank you so much!!!! I’m not sure what we’d do otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Read threads about Bowhunting :-)

Comment

Looks painful.

Gary

Comment

Put some salve on it, it will heal up, don't be a wuss.

Comment

Which toe got hurt? From pictures it is hard to tell.

Comment

Dang son that is one rough looking foot ya got there get ahold of River Rat1 after you heal his daughters boyfriend may be able to hook you up with a facial and a pedicure

Comment

Typecasting outcomes

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                      They're just ribbing you a bit Pushbutton2, or maybe pushing your button twice, but fact is that what has been seen can't be unseen.

Heal up.

I would not do the podiatrist thing but find an Orthopedist who specializes in feet. This comes from experience.
                      As a podiatrist myself, I would disagree with your assessment of our profession. I would put my surgical skills and a good number of my colleagues up against majority of all orthopedist with a foot and ankle fellowship. Don’t get me wrong, there are great foot and ankle orthos out there. Now did you go to a podiatrist that did not have the surgical skills to treat your condition that you had, that could happen. Or could have it been that you did not follow the docs recommendations to a T and took it upon yourselves knowledge for your follow up care. Noncompliance is the toughest thing to overcome as a doc in any profession. How many people in all professions have people that you would not send you enemy to, I would say all of us. To categorize an entire profession like that is strong words but your choice. The younger generation of podiatrist u see 50 years old, have thorough surgical skills to correct any deformities and fracture of the feet and ankles. Myself, I am board certified in forefoot and rearfoot reconstruction and there is not s surgery of the foot or ankle that I can not do, and would out my work up against any type of doc from any profession.

Sorry for the rant

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post

Heal up.

I see 160+ patients a week for foot and ankle care. If my outcomes were one to be concerned with, I would think that my patient load would struggle, fyi. It’s not

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
                          As a podiatrist myself, I would disagree with your assessment of our profession. I would put my surgical skills and a good number of my colleagues up against majority of all orthopedist with a foot and ankle fellowship. Don’t get me wrong, there are great foot and ankle orthos out there. Now did you go to a podiatrist that did not have the surgical skills to treat your condition that you had, that could happen. Or could have it been that you did not follow the docs recommendations to a T and took it upon yourselves knowledge for your follow up care. Noncompliance is the toughest thing to overcome as a doc in any profession. How many people in all professions have people that you would not send you enemy to, I would say all of us. To categorize an entire profession like that is strong words but your choice. The younger generation of podiatrist u see 50 years old, have thorough surgical skills to correct any deformities and fracture of the feet and ankles. Myself, I am board certified in forefoot and rearfoot reconstruction and there is not s surgery of the foot or ankle that I can not do, and would out my work up against any type of doc from any profession.

Sorry for the rant
                          Well, by the looks of that foot in the pic, you have your work cut out for you.

Comment

Rub some dirt on it and put a cowboy boot on it. With it all smashed up, it will get that nice pointed shape!!

Comment

Sorry about your foot OP, but some of these comments are priceless

Comment

:-)
                                Went to Church tonight, I'm an AWANA Leader. Maybe not a good idea. I love Jesus and His Church.
                                It may not have been the bestest most wisest decision.
                                I've got ice on it now.

I was hoping for a band aid and a gold sticker @ the clinic. Didn't happen.
                                Here's 3 of the X-Rays

Comment

Working...
                                X