How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by one2bowhunt View Post
    Chris and I snuck out to wet a fly in the rain the other day.

Is that Brushy Creek?

Comment

ttt

Comment

For me, it's the other stick and string. Except for 1 ultralight, the only baitcasters in the garage are for my kids. Try it and you won't go back.

Broken Bow summer 2014

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420156450.700231.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	24355165

Red River, NM summer 2014

Put and take rainbow

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420156547.648090.jpg
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	24355166

Native brown

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420156578.841053.jpg
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	24355167

Why I fly fish...

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420156622.346314.jpg
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	24355168

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420156649.516447.jpg
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	24355169

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420156670.004258.jpg
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	24355170

Comment

I have been fly fishing for 50 years, grew up in South FL fishing the Everglades, Flamingo and Key West. Started out on bass and bluegills graduated to all the in shore species, Snook, Tarpon, Reds, Trout, Bones, Cudas, Sharks, Permit.

Did a lot of tournament fishing and guiding out of Flamingo and Key West. We did a lot of offshore and wreck fly fishing out of Key West, taking Kings, Dolphin, Tunas, Sails, Bonitas, Snapper, Grouper, Permit, AJs, Cudas and others.

Always, have enjoyed fly fishing and now back to FL bass and bluegills in my ranch pond, here in TX. Occasional trips back to FL for flats fly fishing out of Flamingo for Snook and Reds. Nice thread.

Comment

Some awesome pics. That's a football put and take rainbow.

Comment

Originally posted by austinRecurve View Post
              Is that Brushy Creek?

Yes it is. I've use to fish this stretch all the time as a kid and this was the first time in probably 20 yrs that I got to walk into this area.

Comment

Another fly fishing addict here. Been doing it since I was 12. I live for bow hunting and summer fly fishing in the Colorado and Wyoming mountains.

Comment

I used to dabble in it quite a bit when I was young. Got my first flyrod for my 10th B-day. Watched Curt Goudy "The Flying Fisherman" ever time it came on TV. Chased mostly bass and pan fish with poppers. I've dabbled in it a bit since with my great grandfather's rod from time to time still.

Comment

What kind of Saltwater gear do yall use?

Comment

I fly fish in salt more than I hunt, only hunt deer with a bow.

Comment

Fly fishing is a way of life for me. In addition to fishing for personal reasons, I also guide on some of the most amazing waters in NM!!! If I was as good at hunting as I am at fishing, I would have a lot more heads on the wall!! Here are a few of my personal favorites......

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                          I fly fish in salt more than I hunt, only hunt deer with a bow.
                          What SW gear do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by NMStickFlinger3 View Post
                            Fly fishing is a way of life for me. In addition to fishing for personal reasons, I also guide on some of the most amazing waters in NM!!! If I was as good at hunting as I am at fishing, I would have a lot more heads on the wall!! Here are a few of my personal favorites......

Impressive! Specially the Muskies

Comment

Stickflinger, are those pike from the Rio Grande? I've fished for them a couple of times there, but never caught one. My dad caught some tiger musky with a guide buddy of ours from Taos. I can't wait to get up there and catch one of those. Looks like fun.

Comment

I love to fly fish but never take the time to do it. It's about to be trout stocking time and I think I'm going to bust out the fly rods and get them ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X