White Bass!!! Its getting time!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
    Where are some public access points to the creeks? I mean, cant just go walking on private property. This is going to be my first year trying to catch whites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2

Comment

ttt

Comment

Has anybody done any good in Rocky Creek on the south side of the lake?

Comment

Where are some public access points to the creeks? I mean, cant just go walking on private property. This is going to be my first year trying to catch whites

On nw side of the lake drive down cr125. Plenty of creeks to walk. Newmanns bottom is another popular spot.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
            On nw side of the lake drive down cr125. Plenty of creeks to walk. Newmanns bottom is another popular spot.

Thanks for the info. Do you have to stay i side the banks? Or do the land owners let folks walk the creek bank?

Comment

Thanks for the info. Do you have to stay i side the banks? Or do the land owners let folks walk the creek bank?

Its all public land back there for the most part. Ive never had any issues and there are typically plenty folks fishing those creeks so you shouldnt have anything to worry about.

Comment

Son went and snagged a few this afternoon.
                Attached Files

Comment

Haven't tried the Lock and Dam, but now that I have relocated, and not living right of the Reservoir I am in need of new fishing locations.

Comment

At Somerville The land of CR125 is public land but you need an AHP to go into the WMA and you need to pay a day use fee at Nail Creek SP to enter the state park land. And if you enter the WMA I believe you need to be wearing hunting orange. You might want to give the corps a call before you go to verify.

Comment

Erwin's bridge off of FM 1697/CR124 has an access point where you have to pay a day fee. Caught good whites and crappie there in the past. This is the Yegua Creek that flows into Somerville.

Comment

It's on in Granger

It's on but water has cleared up and shut them off! This was at Granger dam Sunday
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by McLovin View Post
                          At Somerville The land of CR125 is public land but you need an AHP to go into the WMA and you need to pay a day use fee at Nail Creek SP to enter the state park land. And if you enter the WMA I believe you need to be wearing hunting orange. You might want to give the corps a call before you go to verify.

AHP? Good point about the hunter orange. They made a big deal of that last year or the year before. Walked them plenty times without and met wardens without issue. But it appears there may be a new sheriff in town out there enforcing it.

Comment

Originally posted by spro View Post
                            Must have done something wrong. Very good eating!
                            You need to trim ALL the red meat off the fillet, and they are delicious

Comment

This is all good stuff. I could use some white bass stories for Texas Deer and Bass magazine. I need Success Stories or how to catch them or prepare them etc. Drop me a line at texasdeerandbass@gmail.com. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                                Son went and snagged a few this afternoon.
                                Ok, we gotta try and get after them this year since it didn't happen last year. Sad part is I only have next weekend then work everyday till the 22nd of march.

Co-worker hit a spot yesterday that was good last week and only caught 1

Comment

Working...
                                X