Barndo versus Stick Built

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drwilliams View Post
    Its horrible to say the least. We are trying just a slow go. Ain't nothing like paying on something that you dont even have if you know what I mean.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I hear ya.... the interest only for a year on what you’ve drawn sounds great.... but not when that year turns into more....

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
      I’ve been curious about this as well. I’m ready to start dirt work and I can’t decide between the metal with the shop incorporated or the traditional. The metal would be an 80x100 with side walls high enough to have a large loft/man room upstairs. It would be cut in half for living and shop area. It would be nice to finally have a definite direction to move on with.
      My deciding factor is probably going to end up being two things, first and foremost I decided I wanted a detached shop so that when me and the boys are working (and when we’re hitting or I’m doing baseball lessons, mines basically a mini indoor facility) momma can sleep and not be kept up. The other big factor is that even if I do metal I’ll have to cover 80% in stone, brick or hardy due to restrictions. So we’ll probably end up more or less doing a hybrid. Stone on front and sides with no metal behind, metal roof and 4 ft of stone in back with metal to the roof.

I’m being led to believe that the only additional cost of detaching the shop is one wall- I’m sure that may not be entirely true but the slab cost is no different. Which then meant build whatever we could more economically build that we would be happy with.

Comment

Originally posted by RPB View Post
        In living square footage area. No.
        If you incorporate the “shop area”. Then yes. It brings your average down.

Pm me if you have any specific questions. It’s what I do for a living. I can direct you to our Facebook page and you can see some of our work.

Ryan.
        Do you build in the limestone/Robertson county area?

Comment

Looking to have a pole barn built down near Dilley. Anybody build down that way ? If interested would be willing to barter deer hunts towards cost of building.

Comment

They are the same cost in our area, however the cost of ownership (utilities, property taxes) are cheaper on the barndo than a stick built

Comment

Working...
            X