2019 Austin/Fayette/Washington Counties Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JVasquez View Post
    Lot of good bucks were seen last week. Good thing is several of the 3 1/2 and 4 1/2 will make it through season.
    I haven't had much activity on the trail camera the last few weeks. Only one buck and a few does here and there.

Comment

One last try, sitting in the stand waiting on sundown. Saw several does on the walk in so thats a positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Man View Post
        One last try, sitting in the stand waiting on sundown. Saw several does on the walk in so thats a positive.
        GIT THA BIGGIN'

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

We had a successful season. Now, we're preparing for next year.

Comment

Was the worst season I have ever had on our lease near Cistern. Zero bucks in the daylight or at feeders. Only pictures of bucks was at night on trails. Hopefully that means alot of deer made it through to next year. Here's to hoping 2019 is better

Comment

I think dad hunter our place in Fayette once. I never made it our there.

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
                  That's good to hear. Even if you don't get him, hopefully he'll make it through the season if he already made it this far.

I was very fortunate that the deer I killed was the oldest & biggest deer we've seen (in person or on the trail camera). We've gotten a couple pictures of one that I would say is 3.5. As of right now, he's what I'm after next season.
                  Let him reach 5.5

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                    Let him reach 5.5
                    Small, low fence property. I want to have a set of standards (4.5+) that will allow me to actually kill something

Comment

Drove out to check our place. Neighbors cows have gotten through the fence for the last 3 weeks and demolished the food plot. Still have some deer activity but not near the diversity of bucks we had in Dec. Hopefully not because all those bucks are sausage. Doe counts are down also. Could be from all the **** cows invading our little place.

Saw a roadrunner while driving 1094 between New Ulm and Cat Spring. That was pretty cool.
                      Last edited by Speck; 01-27-2019, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Speck View Post
                        Drove out to check our place. Neighbors cows have gotten through the fence for the last 3 weeks and demolished the food plot. Still have some deer activity but not near the diversity of bucks we had in Dec. Hopefully not because all those bucks are sausage. Doe counts are down also. Could be from all the **** cows invading our little place.

Saw a roadrunner while driving 1094 between New Ulm and Cat Spring. That was pretty cool.
                        Cows and winter weeds are likely the problem your facing right now when it comes to your deer herd. I’d ask the neighbor for a couple thousand dollars for the food plot. I hate a cow.

Comment

Originally posted by Speck View Post

Mid-October to mid-December was our most consistent buck action. Any time outside of this has been just every now and then.

Comment

Checked the trail camera for the first time in about a month. Only had bucks on there two different days.

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
                              Checked the trail camera for the first time in about a month. Only had bucks on there two different days.
                              They are probably headed back to their spring-summer areas to recover and shed. Time to start over. Several of our regulars have shown up over the last few weeks. Hopefully more show up before they drop horns. Mature deer are all busted up. But still alive!!!! Hope a couple of them pop this year.

Comment

Originally posted by CisternHunter View Post
                                Was the worst season I have ever had on our lease near Cistern. Zero bucks in the daylight or at feeders. Only pictures of bucks was at night on trails. Hopefully that means alot of deer made it through to next year. Here's to hoping 2019 is better
                                Hey where you hunt in Cistern? I'm from Cistern

Comment

Working...
                                X