Need advice on what to do with llamas on property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AggieDoc08 View Post
    Talked with a buddy of mine who is a GW down in STx. Here’s his response when I asked if there are any laws/regs against shooting wild llamas:

“Wild llamas? I can’t think of any. But be careful, I don’t believe they are listed as a domestic farm animal in the law, but people commonly use them for agricultural purposes and show them, so this can be used as a defense in court if u kill someone else’s that escaped and appeared to be wild. Killing someone else’s llama can definitely lead to problems since in Texas you cannot kill someone else’s livestock and carries high penalties. If they are wild or not, and causing property destruction, nuisance or depredating, and you cannot or have not been able to get the owner to take action to prevent this, you can protect yourself, your livestock, your property and yourself. In addition to this, if they appear to be wild, but are owned by someone else, those may be personal property so just be careful. At the end of the day, if they are wild, I don’t see a problem with it”

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I appreciate you asking him about it! They arnt wild per say. But the land owner didnt bring em on. I guess they are the farm animals but they have just been there for so long. We have a high fence on one side that is from a game ranch and their black bucks come over all the time. They would have had to cover some serious ground and 5 foot fences to get from the other neighbors that are about a mile away. But we will definitely ask around and have him check before anything gets shot.

Comment

If you are going to do anything other than shoot them then this needs to turn into a live thread and remember - pics or it didn't happen

Comment

llama problem>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>yote problem

Comment

Sounds like they should be getting pretty old, but I don’t no “spit” about a Llama. Good luck with whatever y’all decide on.

Comment

I wouldn't shoot them if it was my place, but that's just me. I would find a rescue (one posted here) or take the offer posted by a member to come get them. But it sounds like the OP just wants to shoot them since he won't accept help.

Comment

There is a market for everything. Where are they located.

Comment

¿Cómo se llama?

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
                  I wouldn't shoot them if it was my place, but that's just me. I would find a rescue (one posted here) or take the offer posted by a member to come get them. But it sounds like the OP just wants to shoot them since he won't accept help.
                  ^^just a nonpartisan opinion...and then the jab. My popcorn is ready

Comment

First step would be to find out what language they speak. Are they Mexican llamas? You'll know for sure if they say, "Mi llamo llama."

Comment

I'd shoot them.

Some things need rescued, some don't...the world is not short on llamas.

Comment

Originally posted by caalexander4 View Post
                        My fil used to ride horses and bulls, I might have to prove my man hood this way. Might take a case of pbr to work up the stupidity level required.

I used Keystone Light, and a 4 wheeler, but you're on the right track.

Comment

This is Texas, definitely sell hunts. Casserole should be the best bait.

Comment

Two ways to deal with them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

You got cattle catch pens?. Feed ‘em up and load them up.
                              Local central papers want ads?
                              I wouldn’t kill something I could sell to someone who “needs” a llama.

A mount and a rug might be an interesting conversation piece!

Comment

We have a couple. They are great. They protect animals. Cut there nuts off and they might not be so aggressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X