After market seat covers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
    Just to clarify because of some of the posts. I’m not looking for wearable covers.
    I’m looking to actually replace the cloth seat covers with a leather or leather like material. I want it to look like it came from the factory that way.

Katskin will do this. Some will argue that they are better than factory. You can have a dealer install or you can DYI

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
      Define break the bank.

Katzkin will do near factory leather cheaper than you think.
      I have CoverKing in my truck and my econo car.

I saw a new Honda in the dealer showroom that had Katskin installed in it.

The window sticker priced the Katskin leather seat upgrade at $1500 and it looked great.

I sat in the car and the leather seats felt like they were very high quality.

Comment

I sent an email to Katskin for pricing.
        Looks like Marathon does not sell leather.
        Going to check Cover king

Comment

You can buy a used center console for about $300 and get rid of that stupid fold down center seat.

Comment

There is a place in the Dallas area called The Seat Shop. They specialize in factory matches and you can upgrade to a better leather. If your vehicle isn't listed, you might call them.
            I bought some seat bottoms for our Expedition and they are identical to factory originals.

Comment

Check out Katzkin leather!!

Comment

I bought my dad marathon covers. He is a farmer/rancher. They held up great till he followed the wash directions and put them in the washing machine. Every stitch frayed and he had a pile of worthless fabric almost like they were not sewn with enough overlap.

Comment

Coverking sell the fake leather cheap, but wonder if it looks like crap?

Comment

Call Texas Auto Trim in Houston off Bissonet, outside the loop. They are the preferred installer for Katskinz leather seat covers in the Houston area. You can call others who do it, but TAT are who I recommend. I paid $1058 for front and back seats on my 2001 F-250 Lariat a year ago. I’d covered my leather seats with neoprene covers from “Wet Okole” after my drivers seat started cracking at the perforations. The Wet Okole were great and lasted a long time, but the seats were already damaged when I installed them.

Texas Auto Trim told me they’ll cover my 2017 F-150 with Katskinz for the same price as the F-250, so long as it’s a single color. Just tell them you were quoted $1058 if they give you a higher price.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I bought CoverKing for the cheap, ugly, and tough categories. Costco sells them a good discount through their website, but they don't ship fast.

I ordered the "Tactical" seat covers for two vehicles. Those have molle loops all over the backs and they come with a bunch of color matched molle pouches that will snap into the loops. I've never used those but seems like lots of people like them.

Wampuscat got a great deal on his Katskins. That's what I'm going to do from now on.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback

Comment

Working...
                        X