Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the Elite Camo pattern which of these two. The Elite tactical swamp or Black forest.
    Last edited by RF76; 01-31-2019, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoothing Iron View Post
      Might have missed this but I don't see any one saying they ordered 300 Win Mag. Any reason for this?
      I ordered the 300 WM in the Tier 2 with a brake. Maybe I’ll tegret the extra pound but felt like the heavier gun will help with recoil and I’ll just have to make sure I’m in good shape when hiking with it.

Comment

Originally posted by OSU Fisher View Post
        For the 7mm-08 guys did you go 1-9 twist or something else?
        I went with 1:9. Still trying to decide if I want to jump in with the 20” bbl guys. I ordered a 22” but not sure there are 5 of us to satisfy the minimum order.

Comment

Originally posted by DXTApache View Post
          I went with 1:9. Still trying to decide if I want to jump in with the 20” bbl guys. I ordered a 22” but not sure there are 5 of us to satisfy the minimum order.
          Good chance I may be ordering the exact same as you. Figured if there wasnt enough I would jump to 20". Think I would rather that then 24

Comment

I'm getting close to pulling the trigger. I'm going Tier 1, 7mm-08, 20" barrel. Still undecided on Cerakote and stock color. Also still thinking about twist, I'm going to shoot either the 140 or 150 Nosler Partition.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
              I'm getting close to pulling the trigger. I'm going Tier 1, 7mm-08, 20" barrel. Still undecided on Cerakote and stock color. Also still thinking about twist, I'm going to shoot either the 140 or 150 Nosler Partition.

I’m sitting in the same boat with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RF76 View Post
                https://mannersstocks.com/color-and-finishes/

From the Elite Camo pattern which of these two. The Elite tactical swamp or Black forest.
                nice but i dont think these are choices in our TBH builds

Comment

Leaning towards 300WM but also considering 280AI. Any advantages or disadvantages of one over the other as a solid elk sized game round?

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post

I am going with the pattern from Picture 2 from post #141 that Stick1 posted.

I'm just going to ask them to add sage green to the other two colors.

Now I am trying to decide which barrel color. I am between midnight bronze or graphite black with the ratchet fluting.

Comment

Leaning towards 300WM but also considering 280AI. Any advantages or disadvantages of one over the other as a solid elk sized game round?
                      I was in the same boat. The differences are the 300wm can push heavier bullets a little faster because of the additional case capacity for powder.

The reasons I choose the 280AI was because I wanted a shorter barrel and the extra powder probably would be burnt anyway, I didn't want to deal with belted case of the 300wm when reloading, the 280AI has less recoil and it still carries enough speed and energy to kill elk out to 600 yards which is further than I would shoot and elk anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
                        I was in the same boat. The differences are the 300wm can push heavier bullets a little faster because of the additional case capacity for powder.

The reasons I choose the 280AI was because I wanted a shorter barrel and the extra powder probably would be burnt anyway, I didn't want to deal with belted case of the 300wm when reloading, the 280AI has less recoil and it still carries enough speed and energy to kill elk out to 600 yards which is further than I would shoot and elk anyways.
                        Thanks for the info. How much shorter of a barrel did you go with on the 280AI?

Comment

I'm going with a 24in 1:9 in 280AI.

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post

Now how does this compare to 6.5saum?

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
                              Yes they are Buzz just checked w/Garrett

Comment

Thanks for the info. How much shorter of a barrel did you go with on the 280AI?
                                I'm trying to get a 22" -8.4 twist on the 280AI but I can only get the 22" if 3 more people want a 22" 7mm barrel. If I can't get it then I will get a 24" with an 8.4 twist so I can shoot the 175 grain bullets for elk.

Comment

Working...
                                X