Sticker Siting/GW Stop all in one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Mods, compile a list of the "rules is rules" crowd. No leniency for them!
    There's rules here?

Comment

Thanks for all the heads up the hard way!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        LOL! I expected to catch some criticism on this thread, and I'm ok with that, but I wish some of it was at least criticism of something that we actually said - or at least implied! Some of you have inferred some things that are a stretch, at best. Fortunately, I've been long enough to know when I'm being baited!

Mods, compile a list of the "rules is rules" crowd. No leniency for them!
        Per usual Micheal, Well said!

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba View Post
          (Example) How many of ya’ll have a written consent from the owner of your lease. How many of ya’ll carry this with you when your in the field.
          Originally posted by COPPERHEAD View Post
          Got our neigbhors for that last year. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A WRITTEN DOCUMENT ON HAND EVEN IF YOU HAVE A LEASE OR PERMISSION TO HUNT A PROPERTY!
          Where can I find this in the codes? I have been talking about this with a guy here at work. So far, the only code we have found on this say's you need written consent IF your in a county with a population over 3.3 million people.

Comment

I'm about to destroy the evidence.

Click image for larger version

Name:	destroy size.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	23903402

Comment

Thats alot of food for one person.

Will you be feeding others?

Do you have up to date food service inspections visible in your kitchen?

Is the "Todos los empleados deben lavar sus manos bien antes de volver al trabajo." sign hanging up in your bathroom?

Comment

Originally posted by Birddogss View Post
                Sorry about the fine...but the GW's handled it right purely for the reason that if they hadn't given you the citations this thread wouldn't be what it is...they got the word out by making a example out of you ....follow ALL the rules no exceptions...now we all know

Yes...but if they would have just issued warnings...the SAME message would have come across.

Comment

Originally posted by Fistula View Post
                  Thats alot of food for one person.

Will you be feeding others?

Do you have up to date food service inspections visible in your kitchen?

Is the "Todos los empleados deben lavar sus manos bien antes de volver al trabajo." sign hanging up in your bathroom?

no no and no

I'm living on the edge I tell ya! About to oil up.

cubed for pleasure...

Name:	cubed sized.jpg
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	23903404

Comment

wow...i got pulled over at that exact same spot last year with my four wheeler and trailer. It was rifle season and I had the whole family with me. Since my wife had actually gone to the stand with me that weekend we had just watched deer and hung out without any serious "hunting" going on. So anyhow, the trailer i had for the four wheeler I had gotten from my dad was a wreck and the license plate didnt match and was outdated. No chains, one light out yadda yadda....i mean a complete wreck. The DPS guy was real young and he made me get out and look at everything that was wrong and the list was long. even my winch on the four wheeler was in the wrong spot and covered my vin number...he threatened to make me take it off to see the vin which i said i had tools in the truck and would if i had to... I took my beating over the trailer and ended up getting two tickets and a list of warnings which I knew were my fault. Then the small talk started. "Did ya have any luck?"....i said no it was more of a get out and watch deer weekend ...so he asks if i had killed a deer this year and I said yeah one doe the second weekend of bow season....so he asks if he can see my license....i say sure....yup, sure enough i never filled out the dang log on the back so he calls the game warden and we set on the highway till he can get over there..kids are fussin, wife thinks i am going to jail....lol....i am pretty sure it was the warden on the right in your photos that showed up.....it was obvious that he didnt want to be there and he asked to see the license and asked me when i killed the doe....i told him it was second weekend but wasnt sure of exact date....he said just pick a date and fill it out....wrote me a warning and off he went....

soooooo, we had almost the exact same situation there at the exact same spot on the highway and the DPS wrote me the tickets and made me jump through hoops and the game warden just had me fix it and let me off with a warning......maybe they take turns?

my poor old traler is in pretty good shape these days and the plates even match the trailer and are current...lol

Comment

Originally posted by flufster View Post
                      wow...i got pulled over at that exact same spot last year with my four wheeler and trailer. It was rifle season and I had the whole family with me. Since my wife had actually gone to the stand with me that weekend we had just watched deer and hung out without any serious "hunting" going on. So anyhow, the trailer i had for the four wheeler I had gotten from my dad was a wreck and the license plate didnt match and was outdated. No chains, one light out yadda yadda....i mean a complete wreck. The DPS guy was real young and he made me get out and look at everything that was wrong and the list was long. even my winch on the four wheeler was in the wrong spot and covered my vin number...he threatened to make me take it off to see the vin which i said i had tools in the truck and would if i had to... I took my beating over the trailer and ended up getting two tickets and a list of warnings which I knew were my fault. Then the small talk started. "Did ya have any luck?"....i said no it was more of a get out and watch deer weekend ...so he asks if i had killed a deer this year and I said yeah one doe the second weekend of bow season....so he asks if he can see my license....i say sure....yup, sure enough i never filled out the dang log on the back so he calls the game warden and we set on the highway till he can get over there..kids are fussin, wife thinks i am going to jail....lol....i am pretty sure it was the warden on the right in your photos that showed up.....it was obvious that he didnt want to be there and he asked to see the license and asked me when i killed the doe....i told him it was second weekend but wasnt sure of exact date....he said just pick a date and fill it out....wrote me a warning and off he went....

soooooo, we had almost the exact same situation there at the exact same spot on the highway and the DPS wrote me the tickets and made me jump through hoops and the game warden just had me fix it and let me off with a warning......maybe they take turns?

my poor old traler is in pretty good shape these days and the plates even match the trailer and are current...lol
                      Maybe the trick with the warden is to have a worried family with you

goes to show that discretion is used by both the DPS and the game warden. Just no always at the same time.

Comment

appreciate the shared experiences... good stuff

I repeat (before tangent reader guy chimes in) we all appreciate the job our LEO's do.

Simmer time with a lil' college game day...

Name:	simmer time size.jpg
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	23903405
                        Last edited by Legdog; 10-10-2009, 09:22 AM.

Comment

If we drive fast, we can all still make it in time for lunch

Comment

Where does the fine money end up? Does the county or state get the money? As bad as the TPWD needs money maybe the game wardens have to pay thier own salary!

I know most of the draw hunts are held to fund the sites, they are supposed to be self supporting.

Maybe just maybe things got changed for the wardens also!

Comment

Man, that looks tasty Legdog!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
                                If we drive fast, we can all still make it in time for lunch
                                You wouldn't condone speeding to get there, now would you?

Looking good, Leggett!
                                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                                X