Any TBHers who service Aerobic Septic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnBoy View Post
    If you open the lid on your middle tank there will be a pvc pipe with a 90 turned down. There should be a fitting there that you can unscrew and pull the diffuser up. You will know it it’s getting air from the aerator. They can get clogged especially if you have hard water. You can pick them up for like $10 they screw right on the end of a hose. When you put it back be sure to run it down the side of the tank and that it goes into the cone. If you give it a tug it should stay in place to make sure you have it installed correctly. Sounds complicated but it’s really easy to do yourself. I’m sure there a YouTube video for it.

I’ve watched my guy do it and now I do it myself. Mine gets bad cause of the hard water and it seems to happen after we loose power. You can also buy the rebuild kit for the aerator on line and do that yourself also, you’ll save yourself about $350.

Hope that helps you out. What ever you do don’t dump chlorine directly into your tanks. Not good, and the chlorine has nothing to do with odor. It’s the diffuser or the aerator pump you have an issue with.
    I've got 2 tank lids and the pump housing sits between them. What middle lid are you talking about?

Comment

Working...
    X