No announcement yet.

2020 Gardening thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know what this is? It's on my tomatoes and green beans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
      This was my first year trying Bonnie's Sweet Million cherry tomatoes. That one plant makes enough cherry tomatoes to feed a family daily and give some away also. You could start a cherry tomatoe business with just 10 of these plants. I don't know what nuclear material they used to make this strain..but man does it produce!
      I planted one as well this year. Giving us all the cherry tomatoes my wife & I need and still going strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post

summer

Comment

anyone grow madhatter peppers? i have 2 plants with a mess of peppers. its a sweet pepper like a red bell. not seeing a lot of talk on what to do with them.

Comment

Cacuzza growers...had a great last 2 months with my cacuzza plants. More than we could handle. Question: they all stopped producing 2 weeks ago but are still vining out like crazy. Are they done? If so i will yank and use this space for something new. Or will they produce again eventually?

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
              summer
              You think its just the heat?

Comment

Red spider mites?

Comment

You think its just the heat?
                  It could be mites also as mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                    It could be mites also as mentioned above.
                    look at the bottom of the leaves. If you have red spiders, then you can see them.

Comment

My peppers are going great. Up to 100 harvested habaneros with over 100 still on the plant. Red savina and ghost peppers are coming along, and those plants are loaded. Today I bought a scorpion pepper plant just for...honestly i don’t know what the heck I was thinking. My boys and I tried one of the scorpions, and those are incredibly potent. We spit the pieces out after just a few seconds, but the heat was already on. Wow. Definitely to be handled with extreme care.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

My summer kitchen is getting a workout this year. Tomatillos did good, despite the lack of rain, and all other veggies are pretty average, but we are putting stuff into jars.

Comment

Pics for rocky
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                            Cacuzza growers...had a great last 2 months with my cacuzza plants. More than we could handle. Question: they all stopped producing 2 weeks ago but are still vining out like crazy. Are they done? If so i will yank and use this space for something new. Or will they produce again eventually?
                            They will eventually produce again. Ours did the same thing last year, when the heat really got going around mid June. Around mid july they were back up and producing like crazy. This year we have had more consistent harvests, but we planted in 2 separate beds.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Mrs is the real gardening whiz.

She has cucumbers, squash, and zucchini every day. She’s growing the round type zucchini here, it’s different looking, but equally tasty.

She’s putting up pickles every couple of days

The watermelon and cantaloupe are taking over the garden. I’m looking forward to them.

Her tomatoes are pretty tasty, okra too; and yesterday she harvested her first two eggplants.

Brussel sprouts are growing. Pepers too.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
                                They will eventually produce again. Ours did the same thing last year, when the heat really got going around mid June. Around mid july they were back up and producing like crazy. This year we have had more consistent harvests, but we planted in 2 separate beds.
                                What do those taste like?

Comment

Working...
                                X