Who’s had Covid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    Don't wait Charlie...I'm taking them daily (in low doses) as a preventative. The one thing I learned about this cootie is that there is no real real way to hide from it unless you want to live in a bubble.

The one thing the dr's noticed early on about the zinc / quinine is that while you may likely catch C19, this & the other suggested items help keep it from taking hold of the host if currently taking as a preventative. No reason to wait IMO.

I would suggest any & everyone take this easy step simply to avoid going through what is almost surely to be a mild case, but it still sucks & sure wish I knew about it back in March.
    What dosage are you taking zinc and that guapo stuff in? How do you take the guapo?

Comment

What about taking quinine pills? Is that sufficient?

Comment

I feel like Houston is trending towards herd immunity. It's crazy here.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          Don't wait Charlie...I'm taking them daily (in low doses) as a preventative. The one thing I learned about this cootie is that there is no real real way to hide from it unless you want to live in a bubble.

The one thing the dr's noticed early on about the zinc / quinine is that while you may likely catch C19, this & the other suggested items help keep it from taking hold of the host if currently taking as a preventative. No reason to wait IMO.

I would suggest any & everyone take this easy step simply to avoid going through what is almost surely to be a mild case, but it still sucks & sure wish I knew about it back in March.

Oh I will. I ordered enough ingredients to cover both of us for about 6 weeks... all off Amazon and 1 day delivery via Prime...

Comment

The doctor is in.... this stuff is pretty tasty. I should note, I like Gin and Tonics a lot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AC111DE3-7DAD-444A-A096-B8BE5EAF76AC.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	24621680

Name:	E33FCBBC-D761-4709-A9BB-36C1BE0C5625.jpeg
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	24621681

Name:	723C478E-A5F9-446F-B801-1B2E6C914114.jpeg
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	24621682

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
              The doctor is in.... this stuff is pretty tasty. I should note, I like Gin and Tonics a lot.
              lol your liver's in trouble now, probably should double your supply so you don't use it all up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                What dosage are you taking zinc and that guapo stuff in? How do you take the guapo?
                25mg of zinc daily which I have been taking for as long as I can remember...now the quinine is a bit of a mystery & maybe others can shed some light, but if you do a quick search it references malaria treatments. Guapo gets it's quinine from cinchona bark & it's recipe is 1/2oz but I have zero clue how many MG is in that or in a glass of tonic water for that matter.

I originally ran across the Guapo alternative when I posted there was no tonic water to be found months ago & have both now. Lately, I've just been taking my 25mg with a glass of tonic water & have been saving the Guapo, but have more coming next week sometime. It's really sweet so you can take it anyway you want including adding it as a sweetener to coffee or unsweet tea which I was doing. However, I think STGS has it right & am going to have to use it properly & have a trip to the hooch store in my future.

If I got sick, then likely 2x-3x what's currently being consumed.

Comment

are ya'll coughing up mucus or just a hard dry cough? Also are you sleeping a lot from having no energy or motivation?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                    What is the reason for not giving fluids? I’m a medic and am very curious about that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covid patients are extremely sensitive to fluid overload. Don’t want to make their lungs or kidneys work any harder than they already are.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                      Covid patients are extremely sensitive to fluid overload. Don’t want to make their lungs or kidneys work any harder than they already are.

What about in a sepsis situation?

We basically ceased all non essential aerosol generating procedures, nebs, CPAP etc and no intubation only King airways. We just got video laryngoscopy on the truck so now we can intubating again. But we have made no changes to fluid administration protocols.

Comment

Who’s had Covid?

What about in a sepsis situation?

We basically ceased all non essential aerosol generating procedures, nebs, CPAP etc and no intubation only King airways. We just got video laryngoscopy on the truck so now we can intubating again. But we have made no changes to fluid administration protocols.

Well for in hospital providers, they actually recommend pressors. I’m not EMS (I’m ER Trauma) so I don’t know what they’re recommending for y’all instead... It likely varies from one medical director to another but if I had to guess, maybe rate controlled fluids until you can get to the hospital? I just know that is at least partial reasoning. Prehospital care is much more difficult. Gotta do what ya gotta do to get them to is alive!

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                          are ya'll coughing up mucus or just a hard dry cough? Also are you sleeping a lot from having no energy or motivation?
                          I never had a productive cough, but a constant dry cough that got much worse when my fever spiked. I was sleeping 20 hours a day with absolutely no energy at all.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                            Well for in hospital providers, they actually recommend pressors. I’m not EMS (I’m ER Trauma) so I don’t know what they’re recommending for y’all instead... It likely varies from one medical director to another but if I had to guess, maybe rate controlled fluids until you can get to the hospital? I just know that is at least partial reasoning. Prehospital care is much more difficult. Gotta do what ya gotta do to get them to is alive!

Yah, I’ll just treat as any other septic / hypotensive etc. I just didn’t know if there was something special y’all knew about fluid admin for suspected Covid. We typically rank someone up prior to pressor use at my agency. Stay safe out there!

Comment

Stay safe out there!

You too!

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post

[ATTACH]1009176[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1009177[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1009178[/ATTACH]
                                You’ve never been quite right anyway

Hope y’all stay healthy

Comment

Working...
                                X