X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffpg View Post
    Yes it is.

What diameter lag bolts?
    3/8" x 14" lag bolts. I also use a fender washer, I bought online at wholesalebolts .com or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
      I have the Kodiak 10 X 14 VX. I recommend the VX because you get side window vents. Instead of pounding in all the stakes I use 14" lag bolts and an impact. I can stake the tent in under 5 minutes. It goes up and down fast.
      **** that is genius

1/2" or 3/8" ?
      Last edited by TxAg; 06-28-2020, 08:25 PM.

Comment

I have a Davis 12x12' herder tent and like it.

Also think about if you want a floor.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
          I have the Kodiak 10 X 14 VX. I recommend the VX because you get side window vents. Instead of pounding in all the stakes I use 14" lag bolts and an impact. I can stake the tent in under 5 minutes. It goes up and down fast.
          Genius idea on the lag bolts!

Comment

Curious if anyone has inside pics of their tents setup with a stove. Trying to figure out stove size in relationship to the tent.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
              Curious if anyone has inside pics of their tents setup with a stove. Trying to figure out stove size in relationship to the tent.

The Davis Tents website has videos that will answer most (if not all) of the questions you’ll have before buying a new tent setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
                I like my Kodiak and would recommend them.
                Agreed, love mine!

Comment

I love a traditional wall tent but one of the reasons that I just bought a 10 x 14 Kodiak is the fact that with the vestibule it’s enough for 3-4 guys but when I’m going solo from my truck I can’t quickly and easily pitch it by myself.

Comment

Davis for a wall tent, Kodiak otherwise. A kodiak and a Mr. Buddy heater is a **** cozy setup.

I'm going to go buy some lag bolts and fender washers for mine now...that's straight up brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                      Davis for a wall tent, Kodiak otherwise. A kodiak and a Mr. Buddy heater is a **** cozy setup.

I'm going to go buy some lag bolts and fender washers for mine now...that's straight up brilliant.
                      Yes sir, I agree. I don't have my Kodiak 10 x 14 yet.

How many lag bolts and washers do I need to get?

Comment

The tent has 16 and the awning has 2. So 18 total. You could probably get away with less but I camp in some high wind areas. I survived 75mph winds in my tent with 14" lag bolts. I also keep a few others in my stake bag with 2 or 3 links of chain on them. I use these to set tarps and guy out other items at camp. The stakes that come with the tent are heavy duty but pounding stakes in hard ground is too much work.

Comment

Well apparently everybody and their dog are ordering tents right now, everything is sold out or back ordered. I have tried to order from three different companies and they are all out of stock. Kodiak is supposed to have their 10x14 back in stock by July 10th... we shall see.

Comment

I tried ordering a Kodiak 10x14 a few weeks ago during the sale off Bass Pro and the transaction went through and then i got an email a few days later saying the tent was on back order, and then a follow up email from Bass Pro saying they cancelled my order.

Pretty upset, i was really looking forward to a Kodiak.

Comment

You could always look into Springbar tents too.

Comment

I have a Kodiak 8x9 tent. Great for one person and gear at the deer lease. I did tear the canvas on the roof but was able to patch it up pretty good and haven’t had any issues with the patch. Would highly recommend the Kodiak.

I did use a Mr. Buddy heater right before going to sleep and and when waking up. Was nervous about carbon monoxide. This coupled with -35 sleeping bag, kept me plenty warm.

Worked well in high wind and storms.

Only regret was not getting the 10x14 so I could take the boys camping.

Comment

Working...
                                X