X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's AMEx, don't worry about it they will handle it 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I randomly looked at my CC account recently and saw two charges I didn't recognize that were in my town. I called the CC company, and they said there was a third charge that same day that hadn't been posted yet. The three charges totaled about $325, and they were a day apart.

I suspect my number was acquired at a restaurant I ate at because I hadn't used the card for anything else except that restaurant, and the charges started that same day, and all three were in my town.

What gets me, though, is that on two of the charges, it said on my on line account that the card was present, but I had the card in my possession. I don't know how that works.

Although I disputed the charges, so far they haven't been removed from my account.

Comment

Just like stated above probably a cc generating program. These people will get hundreds or thousands of random cc numbers and just started searching out ones that work. Credit card numbers are sold on the dark web also same concept people buy multiple card numbers then just start going down the list till they find the ones that work.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
          As an extra precaution everyone needs to read up on the 2020 EMV upgrades. If a store has not upgraded to the new chip readers and you get hit it is the stores responsibility not the CC company anymore. As these upgrades are being made it is pushing the skimmers to other locations. You need to be very wary of any outside purchase you make.
          I seen something the other night saying it is safer now to use apple pay or Samsung pay than your credit cards. The cards are loaded on the phone but the CC numbers are never exposed to the vendor just a one time code to verify the card.
          It is odd how your card got hacked when it has never been used.

Comment

Why do you even have a card. If you never use it shut it down!

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
              Why do you even have a card. If you never use it shut it down!
              Because I can!

Comment

Turn on text/email alerts. Our chase card has been hit a few times, once for Disney tickets in Cali, another for car parts in Michigan, and a few other small things. We use it daily, everywhere, but every time anything charges I get a text, and if its over $500 and in a random place they call. Never a problem, they just shut it down and send a new card. My best buy card got hit for Amway, never use it outside the store and only used it once this year.

Comment

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
                  Turn on text/email alerts. Our chase card has been hit a few times, once for Disney tickets in Cali, another for car parts in Michigan, and a few other small things. We use it daily, everywhere, but every time anything charges I get a text, and if its over $500 and in a random place they call. Never a problem, they just shut it down and send a new card. My best buy card got hit for Amway, never use it outside the store and only used it once this year.

This. You get notified anytime the card is used, immediately.

Comment

AMEx should cover it and get you a new card.

Comment

It's happened to me before. $250 to a macy's in New York. Called my credit union and it was removed right away.

Comment

I bought some soccer jersey in mexico a few years back. Closest I've been to the border is San Antonio!

Comment

Don't sweat it. AMEX has great fraud protection. Mine has been stolen twice. They sent me a text, asked if it was me using my card, then locked it. I reported which transactions were mine and which were fraud. They took care of it, and sent me a new card two days later.

It's crazy they got your CC without you using it. I would like to know how they did it.

Comment

Working...
                          X