No announcement yet.

Are gas prices about to go up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine skyrocketed last night from 2.03 to 2.06. Diesel stayed the same at 2.49.

Comment

2.15 still in Conroe. I topped off my tank

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        Who again is rather short sighted in this ^^^^?

You're saying the majority of Americans are short sighted because you think the increased amount of money they have to pay is "pretty insignificant" compared to the minority of people who stand to make higher profits.
        Yep. Don’t understand the logic of that post.

Plus, if gas were to go up from what it is now (around $2 a gallon here) to $3(his example in the post), that’s around a 33% increase or a dollar a gallon. Is not wanting to pay an extra $20-26 a tank for gas being a penny pincher? If so, I guess I am a penny pincher and have no issue with that.

Comment

Y'all knew it was coming $$$ You shoulda saved your money while gas has been around the $2/gal for the last couple years.

People that work in the oil business gotta budget their money too! It's time to spread the wealth......somebody has to pay for these $70K trucks, deer leases, elk hunts and vacation properties !

Comment

How many American refineries run on Saudi Oil? I work for the largest U S refiner. We could make it just fine without a drop of Saudi Oil. I bet most others can also unless they are owned by Saudi's.

Comment

I bought my GMC truck in July 2008 for $4k less than the one it replaced . . Gas was $4.10 a gallon . . They were begging me to buy it . . It drove just as good on the $2.50 gas 4 months later . . Go figure . .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                How many American refineries run on Saudi Oil? I work for the largest U S refiner. We could make it just fine without a drop of Saudi Oil. I bet most others can also unless they are owned by Saudi's.

This ^^^^ is really why I asked the question. Are we really even dependent on Saudi oil anymore? There was a time when oil prices would have skyrocketed after this attack.

Drill baby drill.

As far as the price of oil/gas goes. I believe the free market will bare that out. It's already shown that Texas oil companies can make a profit and turn out sub $3 gallon gas.

Comment

Well that did not last long, oil going back down.

Comment

Are gas prices about to go up?

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Mine skyrocketed last night from 2.03 to 2.06. Diesel stayed the same at 2.49.

Well ****! This morning ...

Gas $2.48
                    Diesel $2.55

Comment

The station I use went up another $0.30 since yesterday morning. $2.59

Comment

up average .25 in Fort Bend County

Comment

Diesel is still $2.49 here. I’m lovin it. If it would get down around $2, I’d be able to afford some of them White Claws and Popeyes chicken sandwiches.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                            Diesel is still $2.49 here. I’m lovin it. If it would get down around $2, I’d be able to afford some of them White Claws and Popeyes chicken sandwiches.

That's a big negatory on them White Claws, I drank two of them and started using a crossbow.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              Who again is rather short sighted in this ^^^^?

You're saying the majority of Americans are short sighted because you think the increased amount of money they have to pay is "pretty insignificant" compared to the minority of people who stand to make higher profits.
                              Absolutely. It has a far greater effect on the 10.3 million people ( 39% of which live and work in Texas ) who work in the industry than it does on the rest of the populous.

I'm not talking higher profits. I'm having a job or not having one. In 2014 over 13k people were laid of by Schlumberger in ONE DAY from only their HOUSTON LOCATIONS. That is thousands of families. I'm not talking about CEO's....I'm talking about machinists and welders and salesman and secretaries.

Not to mention the effects that it has on the other industries in Texas that some of you work in.

"Heck naw I don't wanna pay a little extra at the pump, I don't care if you're kids are hungry or not!"

Pretty short sighted if you ask me

Everybody can afford $3/gallon gas. Lots of people that you know can't afford $1.50/gallon.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                                Yep. Don’t understand the logic of that post.

Plus, if gas were to go up from what it is now (around $2 a gallon here) to $3(his example in the post), that’s around a 33% increase or a dollar a gallon. Is not wanting to pay an extra $20-26 a tank for gas being a penny pincher? If so, I guess I am a penny pincher and have no issue with that.
                                So a family man running a mill at a Halliburton plant wants to be able to afford a mortgage, food, school clothes, vehicle notes etc etc at the expense of other people having to pay a high (yet still completely affordable) price at the pump for gas refined from oil that his employer pulled from the ground is in the wrong? People have a hard time seeing past their own noses I believe.

Do you consider yourself a capitalist, sir? If so, then I find it hard to understand how you can logically have any complaint about the price of ANYTHING other than licensing or regulatory fees. The price of Gasoline is driven by a hundred factors all tied to supply and demand

Comment

Working...
                                X