This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
    We still need like 4-5 guys to transfer to fit this years class, not a huge loss either way. Going to be more like him go.
    Ah, the old Saban/SEC over recruiting game. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

^ If it's not broke...

Comment

Wow

'Source tells FootballScoop after fielding a number of offers from various SEC programs, Charlie Strong appears to have selected Alabama as his next stop. We hear an agreement could be in place soon. Stay tuned…'

How do these coaches

work their way up to the point of failure,

get fired

Get rehired by a smaller school

fail again

Get job interview and possible position in one of the top programs in the country.

I guess Saban will milk him for what he knows, Strong will end up with a PhD in football/management and will end up a HC again in 2-3 years ----assuming this goes through.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
          Wow

'Source tells FootballScoop after fielding a number of offers from various SEC programs, Charlie Strong appears to have selected Alabama as his next stop. We hear an agreement could be in place soon. Stay tuned…'

How do these coaches

work their way up to the point of failure,

get fired

Get rehired by a smaller school

fail again

Get job interview and possible position in one of the top programs in the country.

I guess Saban will milk him for what he knows, Strong will end up with a PhD in football/management and will end up a HC again in 2-3 years ----assuming this goes through.

It’s literally been this way since the beginning of time many of the best coaches have done exactly your blue print, and are considered legends today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
            It’s literally been this way since the beginning of time many of the best coaches have done exactly your blue print, and are considered legends today.

You're right, and Coach O comes to mind as one of them. Just keep working and IF the pieces fall together perfectly - coaching, players, scheme, schedule, etc - it's a thing of beauty.

Saban bombed in the NFL

Dabo struggled, but never really 'bombed'

Lot's of ups and downs. Seems like coaches used to stay in an organization longer though, and work to be promoted to rather than hired as a head coach. Again, Coach O broke the mold on that, but for the most part it's a job hop for a promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
              You're right, and Coach O comes to mind as one of them. Just keep working and IF the pieces fall together perfectly - coaching, players, scheme, schedule, etc - it's a thing of beauty.

Saban bombed in the NFL

Dabo struggled, but never really 'bombed'

Lot's of ups and downs. Seems like coaches used to stay in an organization longer though, and work to be promoted to rather than hired as a head coach. Again, Coach O broke the mold on that, but for the most part it's a job hop for a promotion.

You either learn, adapt, make corrections, and or get left behind.

Comment

Thanks for all the recommendations guys! For guys with such bad taste in sports programs y’all know where to eat an drink! [emoji6]

Comment

Where did you end up going for food and beverages

Comment

Casa Rio is the best SA style Tex Mex on the river walk. Don't get fancy. Order the big combo plate. The downtown Blanco Cafe is good as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      Casa Rio is the best SA style Tex Mex on the river walk. Don't get fancy. Order the big combo plate. The downtown Blanco Cafe is good as well.

Do you have to make reservations i can’t find a reservation list...

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                      Where did you end up going for food and beverages

We’ve eaten at “Range”, we’re currently about to sit down at “supper” for breakfast, and trying to make plans to eat at Casa rio for lunch. I can’t remember the brewery we went too it was mentioned i believe somewhere in this thread.

Comment

No reservations. Casa Rio is the place with different colored umbrellas. Good riverwalk atmosphere. Deluxe dinner or regular plate.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 02-16-2020, 10:41 AM.

Comment

No reservations. Casa Rio is the place with different colored umbrellas. Good riverwalk atmosphere.

Awesome thanks bud [emoji1374]

Comment

No reservations. Casa Rio is the place with different colored umbrellas. Good riverwalk atmosphere. Deluxe dinner or regular plate.

Comment

#1 WR in the nation hall will be on campus first week of March [emoji1377]

Comment

Jimbo pullin all the stops out for these recruits

Comment

Working...
                                X