Solar well pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solar well pump

So I have a old well casing 3-4 inch and don't have power out in the middle of my property and wanna get it going any suggestions on solar pumps and equipment and how hard it will be to get going? located in the George West area.

My dad has a similar situation, in for some suggestions!

Comment

PM Hunter_Man, he always has solar well setups for sale.

Comment

I’d call a well guy in your area and have them get an estimate. If all they have to do is drop a pump in the hole it should be pretty easy. Get a good pump like a franklin, goulds, or grundfos.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
          I’d call a well guy in your area and have them get an estimate. If all they have to do is drop a pump in the hole it should be pretty easy. Get a good pump like a franklin, goulds, or grundfos.
          I did and the guy wanted 8G wayyy to much for me, figured I could do it myself for less.

Comment

We did a couple on our place. Not sure what other projects you are looking at, but I would encourage a call to your NRCS agent and see if there are some grants/programs you can get into for improvement projects, with water being the primary focus and practice for range improvement.

On ours, we have a 6gpm pump that is fantastic, and it handles deep well, storage tanks and long feeder line.

Give SW TX Solar in Eldorado a call and see what you can do.

Comment

At minimum, as I am sure you have already thought, you can get an equipment spec sheet, and see what you can accomplish on your own.

Comment

I would rent an air compressor and blow it good to see how much water is there .
                If its an old well the screen is going to be pretty clog up

Comment

I would drop a line down the casing to gauge how deep the well is. This should also tell you where the water line is , if the casing is clear to drop a pump and at what depth.
                  Nine years ago I went online, bought a complete kit, followed the instructions and it’s still pumping to this day. I installed a switch so it would not pump all the time and waste water.
                  Good luck.

Comment

In on this, we are in the same situation. Was quoted 8,500-10,500 depending on how much I wanted to pump per day.

Comment

Where is your water table and well depth and how much water would you like to pump a minute ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post
                        Where is your water table and well depth and how much water would you like to pump a minute ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Our water table is between 16-20'. I would like to pump between 1,000-2,000 per day.
                        How much should this cost? Is it easy to set-up yourself instead of paying for it to be done by a professional?
                        Well depth is just under 400' i believe.
                        Last edited by Kenner97; 03-03-2020, 01:43 PM. Reason: add

Comment

I will have a shipment of solar well pumps coming in about 10 days! Drop me a line at 325-305-6064 if you’re interested. Pump kids are 700$.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter_Man View Post
                            I will have a shipment of solar well pumps coming in about 10 days! Drop me a line at 325-305-6064 if you’re interested. Pump kids are 700$.
                            Can solar pump work on a 130ft well? Not hijacking thread, just a question.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter_Man View Post
                              Very interested, PM sent.

Comment

Working...
                              X