Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fridays thought to think on

Perspective:

I've shot several pigs that have laid down, spun around and squealed in delight at being shot by me.

Others have grunted run off never to be seen again.

When Jesus took/takes aim at you how do or did you react.

I grunted and ran off for decades. He'd always see me lurking and sneaking in the shadows. I was a loud a boisterous nay sayer.

Well he got a solid heart shot on me 8 years ago. He didn't miss all those previous times He was giving me another year :-).

Now Satan's on the gun trying to win me back. I've been hit and hit HARD more than I care to admit. Heck I've even gone so far as to willingly step into the line of fire. The line Jesus says don't cross. For me things like, lust, gluttony and pride come to mind almost immediately.

Jesus is there to bandage me up when I ask. But to Ask I must first repent.

Today is the day of Love and I'm thankful for His unceasing and selfless love. A Love He willingly demonstrated on the Cross at Calvary.

If you wonder if it was willing read Matthew 25:51-54

Definition of perspective

(Entry 1 of 3)

1a: a mental view or prospectto gain a broader perspective on the international scene— Current Biography

b: a visible sceneespecially : one giving a distinctive impression of distance : VISTA

2a: the interrelation in which a subject or its parts are mentally viewedplaces the issues in proper perspectivealso : POINT OF VIEW

b: the capacity to view things in their true relations or relative importancetrying to maintain my perspective

3: the appearance to the eye of objects in respect to their relative distance and positions

4a: the technique or process of representing on a plane or curved surface the spatial relation of objects as they might appear to the eyespecifically : representation in a drawing or painting of parallel lines as converging in order to give the illusion of depth and distance

b: a picture in perspective

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Amen

It must be a poor life that achieves freedom from fear.

Comment

Let's hope Satan's aim is as steady as yours when excited....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Let's hope Satan's aim is as steady as yours when excited....
        [emoji33][emoji1787][emoji56][emoji16][emoji16]

Thank you![emoji846][emoji3590]

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I needed that today.

I think you had a typo. The scripture you meant to say was Matthew 26:51-54.

Comment

Thanks for sharing this. We all lose perspective at times. I am reminded that He is faithful even when I am not.

Comment

Good stuff PB2! We all fall short occasionally, the beauty of it is his willingness to forgive.

Comment

Great short message.....kinda needed to read that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                  Good stuff PB2! We all fall short occasionally, the beauty of it is his willingness to forgive.
                  I've been pondering and thinking on this since just after you shared it.

I'm left having a potential perspective issue.

Is it willingness to forgive or is He showing us His Mercy?

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                    Is it willingness to forgive or is He showing us His Mercy?

Both brother, both! That is why we have "free will". He knows we are not perfect. And will make mistakes. It's a learning process. Just as a child has to learn as it grows. But as John 3:16 says....
                    Last edited by Texas Grown; 02-14-2020, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Amen! Keep up the good fight! Finish the race!

Comment

Amen pushbutton! The fish are biting!

Comment

I would like to steal this graphic analogy for Valentine's day.

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                            X