Is the 6.5 PRC much better than 6.5 CM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Radar View Post
    Lol, all you gotta do is mention some old caliber and they heads explode. Works every time
    Pew pew

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Jacking someone's thread? Are you boys feelin dramatic for Valentines Day?
      Practicing up for expressing their "feelings" tonight. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
        I would probably get a .308 before I bought another .270
        308 is probably the best caliber ever created

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
          Practicing up for expressing their "feelings" tonight. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch1886 View Post
            I will agree and disagree with you Dale. That’s why I asked the questions that I did. If you can run the PRC in a long action and hand load then there is absolutely a difference between them. I shot a PRC that I built the load for all the way out to 1877 yards with 140gr Bergers consistently not just a random impact. You can’t do that with a Creedmoor, but if you’re shooting factory loads then you’re correct, there really isn’t that much difference. Sometimes intentions matter and jacking someone’s thread to get on a soapbox isn’t appropriate either. Reactions like this make people not want to ask questions on forums and make them feel unwelcome, which is absolutely untrue. These forums are supposed to be inviting for questions not make people feel belittled for asking a question.
            Precisely...in several different ways. The short answer is the PRC is absolutely the superior caliber. The CM is an awesome caliber but just isn’t quite the PRC and especially with handloads. It has nothing to do with the “pick a caliber you like” yada yada as one of the earlier posts mentioned...the OP was looking for insight on CM vs. PRC and not a philosophical counseling session.

Comment

For shooting whitetails inside 400 yards, and not handloading… For which purpose they are the same.[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have always wondered why people assume that higher velocity equals better.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                  I have always wondered why people assume that higher velocity equals better.
                  More energy, flatter shooting, etc. Roy Weatherby created a whole company around it.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                    Ill say this of the PRC and Creed. Energy wise at 400 the PRC wont do anything the Creed wont do. The PRC will be more forgiving in windage and elevation though. Basically itll have less wind drift and drop, which will help out an inexperienced shooter.

Beat me to it. That is really the jist of the differences between the calibers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                      Lol, all you gotta do is mention some old caliber and they heads explode. Works every time

Now wait a gosh darn minute there mister...

Everyone knows, the 6.5 lgtzy will kill any animal on earth,,, .0002 seconds faster than any other caliber, combined.

And the animal is 1.0045 % deader

[emoji23][emoji41][emoji14

Comment

My Brother hunts mule deer wit a 6.5 Creedmore and has had great success

Comment

Originally posted by PVDT View Post
                          the superior caliber
                          Seems like folks who think "bigger is always better" wouldn't bother with peashooters like 6.5 PRC, and shoot only 26 Nosler... or 375 H&H for that matter.

Faster is sometimes better. It also burns barrels faster, has more recoil and damages more meat.

And it's important to keep in mind how incredibly similar these two cartridges are. Frankly for most uses and users, the long action vs. short is a much bigger deal than the few fps between them.

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
                            Seems like folks who think "bigger is always better" wouldn't bother with peashooters like 6.5 PRC, and shoot only 26 Nosler... or 375 H&H for that matter.

Faster is sometimes better. It also burns barrels faster, has more recoil and damages more meat.

And it's important to keep in mind how incredibly similar these two cartridges are. Frankly for most uses and users, the long action vs. short is a much bigger deal than the few fps between them.
                            You seemed to have answer your own question. 6.5 PRC being the short action and 26 being the long action. Also barrel life

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              That is nothing a well built 140gr won't handle with monotonous regularity.

The hair splitting and fake specialization BS from all the Johnny come lately sniper rifle gurus that goes on every day has gotten ridiculous. Everyone has to have a specific rifle, load, and optic for every critter they go after, anymore. I can't count how many times in the last couple years I've read something to the effect of "well I finally booked my _____ hunt, I need a 6.8lb rifle that will shoot ___ projectile at ____ fps, and a scope at least ___ power, with tricked out ____".

The truth is you will probably never benefit from whatever difference there is between the creedmor, and the PRC, because there almost isn't any. People like to pretend it's like going from a .243 to a .270....it's not. They are both basic *** calibers, and as has been said many times here before, neither will do anything the .260 or .264Mag weren't already (more) capable of.

What I'm saying is, find a rifle you like, in a caliber you think is capable, buy it, shoot it, enjoy it.
                              The post in ATC lead me here. Idk how I missed this.

If you tell my wife what you just said you better be prepared to throw up your **** beaters cuz we finna dance!

In all seriousness, for the everyday shooter you nailed it. Nobody will notice a difference in the two besides a recoil gain.

A guy wanting to shoot 1000+ yards however, will see. Good jump. Especially if they hand load. I picked up a PRC due to good factory ammo that competes with a hot rod 6.5-284 Norma. I’ll make hits with the PRC past a mile. It’ll do it way easier than the man bun. Lol.

The uncle Donny sticker improves accuracy by 73.287% is what our calculations show but only when wearing sex panther. Usually works every time 60% of the time.

Comment

Some of the comments on here.....😂😂😂

I’ll say this. If you already have a Creedmoor, I wouldn’t get a prc. Sure the prc is hotter than a cm but imho not enough to have both. But if you don’t I’d get a prc over a cm all day every day. That little extra velocity will make a difference. I sold both my Creedmoors and am having Alamo build me a 6.5 saum, which is just a little hotter than a prc. But honestly if your goal is to shoot deer sized game out to 400 yards.....any caliber from a 243 and up will do just fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X