Scam call from Apple 🍎

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
    I always give the the name Hue G Rexion.I have a recording somewhere that I had him using my full name. It was quite funny!
    Took me a second....

Comment

Scam call from Apple [emoji519]

They’ve been trying to hit me with emails recently
      Easy way to identify email scams is expanding the email address since they have them looking legit nowadays.

Last edited by 150class; 12-09-2019, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Here a good podcast where they actually fly to India and track down the Icloud scammer that was bugging them.

https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-all/6nh3wk

Comment

Just got the Call of Duty email. Just WOW!

Comment

Just got another that looks much more legit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like they figured out masking Amazon emails now.

I've been hit with 2 more Apple emails and 4 Emails from scammers just this week.

Comment

stuff happens all the time. people are always thinking of new scams, just have to use your common sense

Comment

A lot of scams going around.

Dude left a VM message on my work phone earlier this week. Said he was Eric Holder with Texas Workforce needing to verify my address and EIN. Came from a 682 area code. I did some digging and it turns out to be a scam.

Comment

I got a call from Social Security yesterday saying that my SSN had been used in federal crimes and was going to be terminated in 14 days.

I guess I’m about to be unpersoned.

Comment

I get emails from apple and amazon about purchases I didn't make. Fishing for passwords I guess.
                      When I get phone calls I have let my now 5 yr. old grandson talk to them for a while. It was funnier when he was 3.

Got charged $15 on my bank account from paypal, that didn't show up on any of my paypal records, paypal reversed it, this was last week.

I told the IRS guy to send everybody they had, cause I will never be taken alive.

Now I don't answer, it seems like if you ever answer you get a swarm of calls after.
                      So if you call me and I don't answer, leave a voice mail and if you are legit, I will get back to you.

Comment

Scam

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
                        Stay aware, received a scam call from Apple( as shown on caller I'd).

Person stated that my account had been used in several countries and that account was compromised.

The man had a heavy accent (from India I believe).

When I asked him what was my email on the account he hung up.

Did a search on the net and sure enough, i found out its been done before and is a scam.

Just wanted to pass this on for awareness.
                        Rule #1 never answer.

Comment

I have seen this as well as having my own number call me both scams. frustrating

Comment

If you think the caller is from India tell them that you want you low caste Pakistanis to quit calling. You will more than likely learn some new curse words in a foreign language.

Comment

Tuesday I got a call from someone in a very desperate voice (no accent by the way) claiming to be my son and that he was hurt really bad and was in the hospital. Kind of shakes you for a second since he actually did sound like one of my boys. So I proceeded to ask the person who it was and I get "It's me". I tell him that's nice but he's going to have to narrow that down a bit for me. After three rounds of this, he hung up.

I texted my boys after that asking which one was in the hospital? One said he was in a business meeting. The youngest's response was classic. "If hospital is code for 9:30 lecture, then it's me". I told them that it must have been the son I never told their mother about.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                                I got a call from Social Security yesterday saying that my SSN had been used in federal crimes and was going to be terminated in 14 days.

I guess I’m about to be unpersoned.
                                Hey, unpersons don't pay taxes. js

Comment

Working...
                                X