Smoking a sirloin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking a sirloin?

HEB had them on sale. One of my favorite steakhouse meals is smoked sirloin from Tx Land Cattle. I had them cut 2 1/2 inch thick. I’m gonna just salt/pepper. How long on 225 would you try?

Looking for med rare

Comment

Use a meat thermometer inserted in the fattest part. Make sure to bring the steaks up to room temp first. I'm guessing about 30 minutes, pull them when the internal temp reads about 115, then immediately sear in a hot iron skillet for 1 1/2 minutes on each side.

Let us know how it works out!

Todd

Comment

I personally would smoke it until about 120 internal then throw it over some really hot coals to sear the outside.

If you want to do it totally on the smoker then use a meat thermometer and pull it off the smoker at 125 center temperature and let it rest for a few minutes before eating.

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
          I personally would smoke it until about 120 internal then throw it over some really hot coals to sear the outside.
          This is how I would do it. I may just have to try it. I only use the reverse sear method anymore. Perfect every time but I have not used a smoker yet. Low and slow at 220 - 250 degrees until reaching 120 internal. Rest for 5-10. Then high heat for a minute on each side to sear. You probably could get by with a gas grill for the high heat since the smoke flavor will already be there.

Comment

I would smoke it to a internal temp of 100 then vaccume seal it sous vide it at what ever temp you like say 132 perfect medium rare for a couple of hrs then quick sear. This is how I do prime rib comes out perfect.

Comment

I shouldn't be thinking about this a lunch time. Now I'm starving. LOL

Comment

I have thrown them on the barrel at the deer lease and forgot about them and came back later. Well done but brisket like with a smoke ring. Delicious. I did ot at home once and it was just like an overcooked steak. Not sure why so different.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtarcher View Post
                  Use a meat thermometer inserted in the fattest part. Make sure to bring the steaks up to room temp first. I'm guessing about 30 minutes, pull them when the internal temp reads about 115, then immediately sear in a hot iron skillet for 1 1/2 minutes on each side.

Todd
                  This is what I do. They turn out amazing. Usually they take about 1.5 hours to get to 115, smoker at 180.

Comment

I have smoked the whole sirloin before, slice it just like a prime rib, pretty dang good.

Comment

I'd take it off, when it quit screaming...………….

Comment

Originally posted by rtarcher View Post

Todd
                        This is the best way to cook a steak by far.

Comment

Leaving in about an hour and gonna throw it on. It will have to be on smoker for about 3 hours. I’ll let y’all know how it goes. I had 3 of them cut so hopefully I can figure it out by the 3rd one
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            Not sure why so different.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                            Deer Lease = Adult Beverages

Home = Forgot the Adult Beverages

Comment

Smoked sirloin at tx land and cattle is my favorite, looks great!

Comment

Working...
                              X