2020 white bass thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
    The whites are sure enough on it today in the creeks before this front. Son caught in a limit in less than 2 hrs. He is up to over 30 so far since 1pm today. He hiked a good 1 1/ 2 miles to this spot only realize he left his stringer at home lol🤣🤣all catch and release today on hand tied jigs. Here is a few pics he sent me.
    That's a great day! I need to get out there soon!

Comment

Any white bass around carrizo springs area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
        Any white bass around carrizo springs area

Closest I know of is the 99 bridge above choke canyon. They are there thick right now. It’s all grown up so tough fishing without a boat or kayak.

Comment

This rain will get my usual white bass fishing spot (a creek) running a lot of water. I'll try it out on Thursday or Friday depending on the water level. I have a feeling it's a week or two early for our neck of the woods but I'm sure anxious to find out.

Comment

The whites are sure enough on it today in the creeks before this front. Son caught in a limit in less than 2 hrs. He is up to over 30 so far since 1pm today. He hiked a good 1 1/ 2 miles to this spot only realize he left his stringer at home lol[emoji1787][emoji1787]all catch and release today on hand tied jigs. Here is a few pics he sent me.
            Dang nice man that brings back memories

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
              Dang nice man that brings back memories

Heck he has managed to stumble on a mess of crappie now and no stringer🤣🤣🤣over 40 white bass and crappie he has caught all by himself and all catch and release.
              Attached Files

Comment

Heck he has managed to stumble on a mess of crappie now and no stringer[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]over 40 white bass and crappie he has caught all by himself and all catch and release.

Believe I’d make a stringer out of some fishin line if I was catching em like that.

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                  Believe I’d make a stringer out of some fishin line if I was catching em like that.

Yeah but he has 4lb or 6lb test on an ultra light. Takes all that line has to land one fish...

Comment

Or a forked branch. Nice memory anyway

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post

He talked a mexican guy he ran into to cut his stringer in half and give him half lol in exchange for some pointers. They were fishing the creek with shrimp and watched him catch 22 crappie and 46 white bass overall. He brought some good crappie home with his borrowed stringer🤣🤣
                      Attached Files

Comment

Awesome job!

Comment

He talked a mexican guy he ran into to cut his stringer in half and give him half lol in exchange for some pointers. They were fishing the creek with shrimp and watched him catch 22 crappie and 46 white bass overall. He brought some good crappie home with his borrowed stringer[emoji1787][emoji1787]
                          Might need to rethink going to Rayburn

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                            Might need to rethink going to Rayburn

Yeah we are discussing this now lol. Only thing im thinking about is the 38 temp Sat morning pushing them out but I dont think its gonna be cold enough for long to affect them.
                            Last edited by hogslayer78; 02-12-2020, 07:29 PM.

Comment

This rain should have brought Waco up a bit. Still Have not seen one report.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                                This rain should have brought Waco up a bit. Still Have not seen one report.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                                Waco was up approximately a foot, as of 10:00 p.m. last night, but still approximately 3.5' down. Both the North Bosque Gauges, one below Valley Mills and the other at Clifton showed flow rates up a little over 3'. The Middle Bosque was running very well yesterday along with Hog Creek.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                                X