• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
    Hey there was one crappie lol. At least the jigs he is tying are working
    Yes they are. Y'all by the house?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

My son found some today. He caught about 24. Most were still small males but managed 6 nice females. All caught on hand tied crappie jigs.
      Good to hear! I was going to try this week but whoosed out because of the cold! I will be out there soon though!

His jigs look great!

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
        Good to hear! I was going to try this week but whoosed out because of the cold! I will be out there soon though!

His jigs look great!
        Thanks Doug! Its a bit early I believe still. About 2 more weeks I believe. We might go Sat morning. I will hit you up if we do.

Comment

Any reports from the sabine near carthage?

Comment

I have camping reservations for Colorado Bend State Park on March 27 - 29. I hope it won't be too late for the sandbass

Comment

It turned out real good baked in the oven this evening.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by hogslayer78; 02-05-2020, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Looks tasty. I've always said I was gonna cook me up a batch in the oven but haven't done it yet. I'll get around to it this spring.

Comment

we have the same china!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    we have the same china!
                    Heck yeah! Works great! Only bring out the glass plates for those special occasions lol! You know I live on the east side of the county brother!

Comment

Too many boats on the Nueces at George West. Crazy, fights at the ramp under 59 bridge.

Comment

Heck yeah! Works great! Only bring out the glass plates for those special occasions lol! You know I live on the east side of the county brother!
                        Man yall got the good high dollar stuff! We just have those plain white ones!

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                          Too many boats on the Nueces at George West. Crazy, fights at the ramp under 59 bridge.
                          That’s too bad. That place, along with the Airport ramp, used to be a great place to fish and had manageable crowds. Now it’s a certified cluster f.

Comment

HA!

One of the shootin team dads is running for office over here and I asked his kid who was putting signs out why I didnt get a sign. He said, dad said that neighborhood is full of felons and cant vote. I live in that area

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
                              That’s too bad. That place, along with the Airport ramp, used to be a great place to fish and had manageable crowds. Now it’s a certified cluster f.
                              Word is it's getting real shallow at airport Rd.
                              But with a canoe/kayak, you can get past the crowds.

The past few years, I haven't had any issues with anyone. A few jerks, but most people seemed friendly.

But yes, it's gotten busy out there.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

The whites are sure enough on it today in the creeks before this front. Son caught in a limit in less than 2 hrs. He is up to over 30 so far since 1pm today. He hiked a good 1 1/ 2 miles to this spot only realize he left his stringer at home lol🤣🤣all catch and release today on hand tied jigs. Here is a few pics he sent me.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X