This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
    Everyone but ut fans saw that sugar bowl for what it was. A very unmotivated uga team that expected to be in the playoffs playing a good ut team that was pumped to be in the sugar bowl. I don’t think uga wanted to lose but the majority of the nation could see they really didn’t care to be there and the game didn’t mean much.

I’m pretty excited for the LSU vs UT game in BR next year. I’m excited to see Brennan at qb and despite the massive losses for LSU they have some really good talent still on the field. The question is will it be developed early in the season. I say probably not and LSU will be good by the end of
    The year and challenge for another nc in 2021. I can see 9-3 next year followed by very high expectations.
    That Georgia team, like the Utah team they just played, was an extremely good matchup for Texas former DC and personnel. Texas would have beat Georgia this year as well even though they sucked in the Big 12.

Unfortunately, that Georgia win wasn’t indicative of what Texas faces in the Big 12 nor was it indicative of what they could do defensively. It gave Texas fans a false positive regarding development of both scheme and personnel.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
      So I’m guessing UGA didn’t want to be in the SEC championship this year? I don’t buy the unmotivated bs in a major bowl game. It’s not like it was the Tax slayer bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Sure they did. If they had won it they would have been in the playoff.

Comment

Everyone but ut fans saw that sugar bowl for what it was. A very unmotivated uga team that expected to be in the playoffs playing a good ut team that was pumped to be in the sugar bowl. I don’t think uga wanted to lose but the majority of the nation could see they really didn’t care to be there and the game didn’t mean much.

I’m pretty excited for the LSU vs UT game in BR next year. I’m excited to see Brennan at qb and despite the massive losses for LSU they have some really good talent still on the field. The question is will it be developed early in the season. I say probably not and LSU will be good by the end of
        The year and challenge for another nc in 2021. I can see 9-3 next year followed by very high expectations.
        Lol! Dumb..., but I wouldn't expect anything different coming from an sec fan...

Comment

lol, they got bull rushed out of the gate and Texas was more physical. They simply ran out of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
            Lol! Dumb..., but I wouldn't expect anything different coming from an sec fan...
            I’m an Lsu fan not a sec fan. Fans that root for the sec are fans of sec schools that don’t win. Hell, I think UT probably beats Lsu next year. Veteran qb going against a first year starter should have the advantage. I’ve always had the opinion on that sugar bowl game. Sorry if it hurts longhorn fans feelings.
            Last edited by RaginCagin; 01-22-2020, 09:49 PM.

Comment

I’m an Lsu fan not a sec fan. Fans that root for the sec are fans of sec schools that don’t win
              Ok...Still dumb...

Comment

I can remember many a time during BAMA's walk in the wilderness thinking this was going to be the year! It's not fun when it's not. Been there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	24605362

Comment

2020 College Football - Off Season Discussion

I’m an Lsu fan not a sec fan. Fans that root for the sec are fans of sec schools that don’t win. Hell, I think UT probably beats Lsu next year. Veteran qb going against a first year starter should have the advantage. I’ve always had the opinion on that sugar bowl game. Sorry if it hurts longhorn fans feelings.

Come on man that’s a lazy take. Regurgitating what you read on message boards as your own opinion from folks that don’t like Texas. Never go full .. well you know the term.

I guess Utah didn’t want to be there either.?... [emoji2359]

Funny how when Texas wins bowls, the team they played didn’t want to be there. Missouri, Georgia, and Utah as examples . 2 of them SEC teams... but Arkie beats Texas and well Texas just got beat!. Sounds like a default coverup for an *** whipping. Pure lazy message board regurgitation.
                  Last edited by Smart; 01-23-2020, 12:46 AM.

Comment

So did the coaches even make them practice those 3 weeks or just tell them to take 3 weeks off? You know, don't even worry about it guys, this game is not important. We don't care if y'all get abused on national television. Sounds like a terrible coaching staff. They should all have been fired after the game.

Flip side. The coaches did their job and had them prepared. Gametime comes. The players just don't give effort because they don't care. They should not be drafted. Why would you want that player on an NFL roster. As soon as your team is eliminated from the playoffs they will quit.

Does the whole team have a meeting before the game and decide whether or not they care? Are the coaches present to agree with them or stop this crap so they don't look bad?

What would be the percentage of players/coaches that don't care? Surely it's not 100%.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 01-23-2020, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Sounds like Aranda snagged Munoz to join him at BU as well.

Comment

$200 mill free advertising

WBRZ is reporting that LSU earned $200 million in free advertising during the National Championship run after the school was "mentioned 150,061 times across TV,

Comment

Not that it matters now but Kayshon Boutte was upgraded to a 5*. He is going to have big shoes to fill after next season!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                            Sounds like Aranda snagged Munoz to join him at BU as well.
                            Geez, our coaching staff is being GUTTED.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                              It paid off for the assistant coaches being hired away!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                                It paid off for the assistant coaches being hired away!
                                Can't blame them or the players for leaving. Strike while the iron is hot. Some that left were going to get raises. But, probably not promotions.

Comment

Working...
                                X