FORD 6.7 DIESEL PSA - Intercooler pipe failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tbone3636 View Post
    Mine blew at 140k miles... it was deleted so I went with the h&s kit for deleted trucks. Here’s the link... no more worries about plastic parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

Not to hijack but my 2012 only has 60k miles but is out of warranty now.

Do you recommend deleting? I'm not planning on ever trading this truck in.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
      Thanks!

Yes delete it ASAP! I also live in a county that does not do emissions for the inspection. But yes it does great deleted. I don’t plan on getting rid of mine either.

Pros: better gas mileage
      No def
      No more worrying about exhaust sensors(had 3 go out)
      No more having to get it manually regen’d that they wouldn’t cover even under warranty
      Being able to install this cold side kit

Cons: it does shift harder into 2nd, my truck always has even before deleteing it, but deleting it made it a tad harder.
      Black soot inside exhaust

Comment

Thanks!

Without a doubt

Comment

Yes delete it ASAP! I also live in a county that does not do emissions for the inspection. But yes it does great deleted. I don’t plan on getting rid of mine either.

No def
          No more having to get it manually regen’d that they wouldn’t cover even under warranty

Cons: it does shift harder into 2nd, my truck always has even before deleteing it, but deleting it made it a tad harder.

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
          Without a doubt

I'm out by Abilene, do you have anyone you would use?

We are in Austin/San Antonio areas fairly regularly to see family.

Comment

I'm out by Abilene, do you have anyone you would use?

We are in Austin/San Antonio areas fairly regularly to see family.

There is a guy in Aledo that works on nothing but powerstokes, he is honest and does great work. I won’t let anyone else touch my truck if I don’t have too. He worked for Ford for a long time. But he’s not by you.

Comment

There is a guy in Aledo that works on nothing but powerstokes, he is honest and does great work. I won’t let anyone else touch my truck if I don’t have too. He worked for Ford for a long time. But he’s not by you.

Aledo isn't too bad though.

Comment

No def

Your shifting issues are a product of your particular tune, not the norm for all deleted Powerstrokes.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                  Your shifting issues are a product of your particular tune, not the norm for all deleted Powerstrokes.

Like I said earlier it did it before the delete, I run around in stock mode most of the time(mini maxx) and it seems to be amplified when I drive slow around town after driving on a long trip on the highway. Once I’m home for a few days it goes away.

Comment

Like I said earlier it did it before the delete, I run around in stock mode most of the time(mini maxx) and it seems to be amplified when I drive slow around town after driving on a long trip on the highway. Once I’m home for a few days it goes away.

What tunes are you running in your mini max?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      What tunes are you running in your mini max?

I believe they are just the stock tunes, stock, tow, street and performance

Comment

Bout to fix this issue for good.

Comment

I wouldn't consider the hard shifts a bad thing. The quick firm shifts is causing less slip between the clutch packs in the transmission which is reducing heat/wear and that makes your transmission last longer. I have Spartan tunes in my truck and it shifts very hard but I requested them to make mine shift as hard as they can make it through tuning. I have over 140k on my transmission and I make over 1,000 ftlb at the tire.

Comment

Maybe i should have instslled thevdang kit i bought way back when instead of putting it on the shelf..

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                              I wouldn't consider the hard shifts a bad thing. The quick firm shifts is causing less slip between the clutch packs in the transmission which is reducing heat/wear and that makes your transmission last longer. I have Spartan tunes in my truck and it shifts very hard but I requested them to make mine shift as hard as they can make it through tuning. I have over 140k on my transmission and I make over 1,000 ftlb at the tire.
                              I kinda agree with that transmission logic...
                              Let’s see that 1000hp truck please

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post

Is that dyno’d or guesstimating based on your tunes?

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                                X