Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    Why do you care what others hunters do on their own property? Geez

J/K - It probably depends of the place being hunted. But I only open 1 usually.
    Im just nosey like that.

Yeah, its a simple question but its importance cant be expressed enough

Comment

I've never figured out how to open a window undetected with deer within bow range. I've tried it and gotten busted.

Another question for you Krivo users. Here's the scenario that happened twice - Ozonics running out the middle window which is the only one open open. Wind is blowing right to left as you face the middle window. Deer come in on my left directly downwind of that closed window. They hold up and start acting nervous - they don't snort and bolt but know something is up and eventually wander back the way they came. Do you think enough scent is leaking out the closed window to tip them off? Would you mount the Ozonics out that downwind window even though I have no shot out of it? If I did that it seems to me that more scent would then be going out the open front window

Comment

The glare off the glass can certainly spook an animal when opening.
        But the advantage of containing scent far outweighs that.
        I added some military netting to give it depth, shade and little movement from the breeze.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0099.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	24596154

And now, I put an Ozonics on top of the blind facing the front window.
        Krivoman blinds are deadly.

Comment

If the wind is in your favor, open. If the wind is blowing towards your shooting lanes, closed.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
            If the wind is in your favor, open. If the wind is blowing towards your shooting lanes, closed.
            This is what I do unless I have the ozonics hanging on the open window. Plus I have tinted all the windows darker and have black towels hanging over the closed windows. My kid can wave at deer at 10yds and they have no clue we're in there!

Comment

We have a 3 window Krivoman. Inside on all the windows we have camo net drop down curtains and blackout drop down curtains. When we are hunting we keep 2 of the 3 windows open with the camo net curtains up. When preparing to take a shot we drop the curtain on the window we will be shooting out of. This system has worked great for us since day one. The 3rd window does not have a shooting lane so, unless it is very hot out, it usually stays closed with the camo net curtain up just so we can see if anything is coming in from the left.

Comment

Wow, this thread is still alive. Good tips thanx

Comment

Working...
                X