Thieves Got Me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Louis View Post
    Contact quackerbox on here. He is Leo with Harris County. Might know somebody that can help
    Sounds like he already talked to him

I kid I kid. I would personally go get my **** if it was stolen.

Comment

Its still listed. I would be furious.

Comment

If couldn't get any help from the authorities and knew where it was I'd get it back myself

Comment

In our current political climate, I just don't understand what is expected from those of us who follow the law?

I remember my papaw calling me one day, about 30 years ago, and he said "I found out who has my trailer, that was stolen".

With my (and my best friend's) arrival, we were 8 very large men who piled into the front and back of an old Ford pickup. We didn't really have a plan, but that 20 minute ride was excruciating. I knew that it was my responsibility to be there, but I was dang scared of what was going to happen.

Eventually, Papaw pulled up to the property, and slowly rolled down the hand crank window, and announced "I'm here to get my trailer back".

A grungy old man, sitting out on the front porch, sort of pointed towards a trailer that was parked beside the shack.

Papaw backed up to the trailer, we hooked it up, and we drove off without many words.

That happened in the very far corner of North East Texas (late 80's, or early 90's), and strangely that was the last time we ever experienced a theft of anything, from our farm.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            Is it in city limits of humble or unincorporated Harris county?
            this? Chew knows more people than I do but I know some peeps up that way that aint lazy like whoever is on the phone

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
            Sounds like he already talked to him

I kid I kid. I would personally go get my **** if it was stolen.
            I don't have a PM

Comment

Id be going to see him with my little friend NIna with me!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                Is it in city limits of humble or unincorporated Harris county?
                I have no idea the exact location of it. It was listed as being in Humble. The ad has since gone away, as well of any chance of me getting my property back I’d assume. What I do know is the guys name, DL#, date of birth, etc.

Comment

I am near that area. Trying to find the add on facebook, but I don't see it anywhere.

Comment

I was in a high speed chase recently with the Sheriff on my tail on the phone. Guy stole a side by side and parked it on my property, when he came back for it I chased him and called the officer that took the report earlier, he was yelling at me to "not lose him" and I was able to chase the guy into a Valero and block his vehicle about the time the officer got there behind me and chased the guy into the store where he was handcuffed and hauled off. Only thing is he never got charged for theft, he ended up throwing a bag of drugs and running from the cop so that was all he got arrested for.

Comment

If you have pictures of the CL post or Facebook post they can send out legal process and get them. Just because they are no longer posted, does not mean that they are gone for good. Hopefully they will recover your property and go through the process to put everything together for a solid case.

Comment

If the perp is arrested then the county's crime rate increases... People don't get re-elected with rising crime rates.

Comment

There was a couple stealing packages from porches in my neighborhood and then posting the items for sale on FB. This went on for months. Between my neighbors and I we had videos, pictures, screenshots of the items for sale on Facebook, etc. We even had a neighbor but an empty box on his porch, waited a few minutes for the perps to steal it, videoed the whole thing and then followed them around the neighborhood videoing them stealing from houses up and down the street. They stole a box of checks from my mailbox, forged them and tried to cash them all over town. They also stole a Swarovski scope. Like I said this went on for months with these jackwagons stealing everything. One guy was recently married and stuff from his registry was delivered and stolen daily. Dallas PD wouldn't do a dang thing about it and let these jerks terrorize the neighborhood. They tried to cash one of my stolen checks in Richardson and Richardson PD finally picked them up but only ended up giving the guy a violation for an expired inspection sticker or something ridiculous. No wonder there are thieves everywhere.

Comment

It's not listed anymore because I'm sure he has sold it by now. I have pictures of it still, I also have a ticket stub from a pawnshop in the Humble area that not only list's the guys name, but his DL#, his date of birth that was addressed the day before the buggy and trailer were stolen. The stub was found on the ground literally where my buggy was sitting before it was stolen. Get this, the name on the pawnshop stub was the exact name of the individual who just listed and resold my buggy on Facebook. Surprising isn't it? Even with all of this though, according to the investigator, this might not be enough to convict, as you "really need an eyewitness to place him at the scene of the crime." I have picture of said stub, as I didn't feel comfortable handing it over to the Sheriff's Office with at least documenting it for my records.

Comment

Man has all the proof in the world and can't get a bit of help. Very sad! I bet if it was their stuff that got stolen they'd already have it back. Bad thing is is that you know where it's at and if you go to get it back and do something about it you'll be the one in jail and he won't get nothing. And you wonder why a lot of crazy **** happens now days. $1500 for that rig? You know it's gotta be stolen or a straight up scam. Both against the law and still no help. Wow is all I got.

Comment

What about getting the GW involved? I think they can do just about whatever they want.

Comment

Working...
                                X