Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The unthinkable or inevitable happened. IMELDA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    Fire is worse for you mentally imo...was in the 3rd grade so .

Don’t screw around & get it!!
    Agreed. My family has lost 2 houses to fire. One to idiot mistake and the other due to ford. Even what you do save smells like fire

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      I will go against the grain here on this one as I have been through it myself with Ike, Harvey and another rain event in 2018. Since you don't have flood insurance, you need to leave those floors intact but dry the house well. I have dealt with a lot of flooded homes in my neighborhood and area. I see you have already cut out sheetrock, that tells me that the water was only in there a little while, you will be fine on the floors. Flooring will eat up a lot of whatever money you get. The water was in and out, leave them. I have pulled up tile 2-8 years after flooding and there was no signs of mold, in any house I demoed. Granted, these homes had water in them less than a day or two.

Another note, go ahead and cut 4' out everywhere. Labor will be more on half sheets. Find the seam at 4' and take it out there in those places you only have 2' gone. In the end, it will look a lot better as well.

File for FEMA as soon as it's available.
      Turn your AC on cold as low as you can get it and let it run.
      Find some dehumidifiers and get them running along with many box fans, move the air around.
      Take a lot of pictures.
      Keep a box of receipts, even hand written on all work done, you will write this off as a casualty loss on your 2019 taxes and should receive a substantial return on your next couple of years taxes.
      Make sure your Appraisal District knows you flooded, your home will lose at least 50% of it's value on paper, the tax rolls, until you are completed with repairs. This is also a casualty loss and you will take advantage of that on your taxes.

PM for any other info needed.

Prayers Sent, it gets better, trust me. Been there several times, with and without flood insurance.
      There is a right way to fix this or a cheap way to fix this.
      It's in his best interest do do it the right way.

Comment

Im trying to figure out what neighborhood you live in. Cumberland Crossing?

Comment

Originally posted by rtjh View Post
          I went through that with Harvey, 5' of water in the house with no flood insurance. You need to apply for FEMA assistance. Life is going to suck for a while but dont worry it gets better.
          Yep. At 59 years old during Harvey, I was tired a lot, but we got some assistance and got thru it. Now I have flood insurance and hope I never need it.

Prayers and best wishes.

BP

Comment

Prayers Up for Everyone ...

Comment

Like mentioned above, cut out 4ft out of he wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                I will go against the grain here on this one as I have been through it myself with Ike, Harvey and another rain event in 2018. Since you don't have flood insurance, you need to leave those floors intact but dry the house well. I have dealt with a lot of flooded homes in my neighborhood and area. I see you have already cut out sheetrock, that tells me that the water was only in there a little while, you will be fine on the floors. Flooring will eat up a lot of whatever money you get. The water was in and out, leave them. I have pulled up tile 2-8 years after flooding and there was no signs of mold, in any house I demoed. Granted, these homes had water in them less than a day or two.

Another note, go ahead and cut 4' out everywhere. Labor will be more on half sheets. Find the seam at 4' and take it out there in those places you only have 2' gone. In the end, it will look a lot better as well.

File for FEMA as soon as it's available.
                Turn your AC on cold as low as you can get it and let it run.
                Find some dehumidifiers and get them running along with many box fans, move the air around.
                Take a lot of pictures.
                Keep a box of receipts, even hand written on all work done, you will write this off as a casualty loss on your 2019 taxes and should receive a substantial return on your next couple of years taxes.
                Make sure your Appraisal District knows you flooded, your home will lose at least 50% of it's value on paper, the tax rolls, until you are completed with repairs. This is also a casualty loss and you will take advantage of that on your taxes.

PM for any other info needed.

Prayers Sent, it gets better, trust me. Been there several times, with and without flood insurance.

Prayer sent OP

Good info from Mike. And the Gov. will offer low interests loans, so you can avoid using up your savings.

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Prayers Sent
                    You have a PM

Comment

wood floors for sure rip up, the tile you have in pictures, i would leave as fast as it appears to have come in and left. Also when you mop tile floors, water goes on grout the same.

Comment

Working...
                      X