Grilled Shrimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilled Shrimp

Kroger had XL / 21-25 ct. shrimp on sale yesterday, so I stocked up as I always do when it goes on sale. Paid 5.97 lb. for deveined shrimp. Probably the best value for any meat right now. We have some type of shrimp almost every week.

Those look good enough to eat tpack.

Comment

Love them. I really like to smoke them.

Comment

Looks awesome.

Are you expecting very many uninvited guests to help you with that?

Comment

Gulf or foreign?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
            Gulf or foreign?
            I`ll have to look. I did buy some Texas Gulf shrimp last year from HEB and grilled them. They had a stronger flavor than any shrimp I`ve ever eaten. They were fine boiled, but not so much on the grill. Haven bought any since.

Comment

The seafood business is very deceitful and it’s hard to believe the origin of any of it anymore. 95 % of all shrimp that is consumed in the US is imported. But most will lie about it.

Comment

Gulf or foreign?
                Ok, I looked........It is from India.

Despite ongoing challenges, Indian shrimp farmers have achieved major developments in hatchery, farm grow-out and feed-manufacturing technologies.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                  The seafood business is very deceitful and it’s hard to believe the origin of any of it anymore. 95 % of all shrimp that is consumed in the US is imported. But most will lie about it.
                  Not when you run out to the boats and trade a 15 dollare bottle of whiskey for 40 pound sacks of jumbos!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                    Not when you run out to the boats and trade a 15 dollare bottle of whiskey for 40 pound sacks of jumbos!
                    I did not realize Vietnamese craved whiskey.

Comment

not for me oversea seafood can be real bad juju.

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                        not for me oversea seafood can be real bad juju.
                        Agreed. I would hate to guess the water they are grown in.

Bought some today, paid more, but got the wild caught gulf.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                          I did not realize Vietnamese craved whiskey.
                          Barely get turned around before they crack the bottle open!

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                            I`ll have to look. I did buy some Texas Gulf shrimp last year from HEB and grilled them. They had a stronger flavor than any shrimp I`ve ever eaten. They were fine boiled, but not so much on the grill. Haven bought any since.
                            I bought a yeti type cooler at a hunting/fishing show years back. The lady said she was out of stock of the model I wanted and could have one delivered near my home, but at a wholesale seafood business. I inquired, and she said that they also own a wholesale seafood business in AL, and the other business buys from them. So everyone that buys from business 2, thinks they are getting LA caught seafood.

But to your point on the taste. The shrimpers are on the water for days in the gulf and I think they flash freeze their catch. For me, the only good shrimp I buy are from the shrimpers directly.

Comment

Agreed. I would hate to guess the water they are grown in.

Bought some today, paid more, but got the wild caught gulf.
                              If you went to Kemah and bought from the Vietnamese Seafood Houses you have probably been lied to. The large jumbo head on shrimp are IQF that are sprayed down every morning to thaw and sold as fresh caught. The IQF system allows them to be frozen for a very long time and shipped to the United States and be sold as locally caught shrimp. When thawed their eyes are clear and flesh is as translucent as the day they were harvested probably in India. The Vietnamese control the lions share of the seafood industry and will tell you what ever you want to here.

Comment

Working...
                              X