No announcement yet.

Are suppressors with the money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I’ve seen no. I wouldn’t go through all the trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
      Those that love their suppressor and hunt with it, are you using subsonic ammo? I've always wanted one but haven't jumped in because I don't want to shoot subsonic ammo. Are they worth having if you don't shoot subsonic?
      Yes they are still worth it. I only shoot 5.56 suppressed. Yes it's still "loud", but you aren't going to hurt yourself if you have to shoot without earpro. My 12.5 SBR suppressed sounds a little quieter than a unsuppressed Ruger 10/22.

Comment

I have a buddy who is a guide and deals with folks that don't shoot a lot. He says most his clients shoot SIGNIFICANTY better shooting his suppressed guns versus their own. The theory he has is that people don't flinch like crazy b/c the big bang. This might not be a factor if you shoot very often.

I have shot a few suppressed. One was a 6.5 with the silencer co harvester. It didn't have any recoil at all and sounded about like a 22 mag.

I terms of needing multiple, most I have looked at will fix 300 win mag and down. I am getting on ordered and am going to get my 257 threaded for it and a 243 setup for my 6 year old. Like others have said, I think it will help her enjoy shooting much more.

Comment

I say they are but it's really a preference when you consider the cost. Having said that, unless you're doing repeated mag dumps then most cans are overbuilt and should last many many years. So averaged over the years of use they're not bad.

If you've ever purchased a gun then the ATF knows who you are.

I definitely like em for the hearing protection both in the filed and from the bench. I like to shoot a lot so its not only the noise on a covered bench but the muzzle blast protection as well. They also reduce a little recoil.

They're nothing short of awesome for pig and varmint hunting.

They're cool, let's be honest here, we buy things that are cool and should not be ashamed of it.

Speaking of cool. There's nothing better then the loud thump you here when the bullet connects with an animal on a calm cool morning morning or evening. That POP alone from a suppressed rifle is worth it to me.

I have a TB Ultra 7 and a rimfire suppressor with another ultra 7 in jail. Like said above i wish I could buy one for every rifle.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Slick8; 12-22-2020, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
            I wish I had one for ever gun I own. I've got one now and plan to buy another before the first of the year.
            Originally posted by CJ776 View Post
            they are just silly. Silly meaning freakin AWESOME. buy 2 at least for your first run.
            Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
            My ruined hearing and constant tinnitus says yes, they are worth it
            all of this. The tinnitus in my left ear is ridiculous.

to answer some questions: I havent shot subs in 2 years or more, I cant imagine not having one (or 12) now that I have one and they are absolutely "worth the trouble".

Ive been around several different brands of 30 cal suppressors. In my opinion, without a meter, a person cant really tell the difference in which one is quieter than the other. Shop for what has less POI shift in the event you dont have it one day.

most important....

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
            Speaking of cool. There's nothing better then the loud thump you here when the bullet connects with an animal on a calm cool morning morning or evening. That POP alone from a suppressed rifle is worth it to me.

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by JohnBoy View Post
                You recommend the nomad in another thread, how do they compare to the thunder chicken?
                I see your question was answered.

I will add this.

The owner of Q I’m not a fan of. At all. The chances of them going out of business are much higher than dead air. Ask the AAC owners how it feels to have a suppressor you can get repaired. Or Crux. Stay with the big boys and you’ll be good. I haven’t kept up with all the new companies and their offerings. I’m scared to buy one then they go under. So I stick to Silencerco and Dead Air. I’ve never been impressed by thunder beast for the cost but they are good cans

Comment

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
                  Those that love their suppressor and hunt with it, are you using subsonic ammo? I've always wanted one but haven't jumped in because I don't want to shoot subsonic ammo. Are they worth having if you don't shoot subsonic?
                  Absolutely. I haven’t found subsonic ammo worth anything other than the giggle factor in a long time. I shoot 100% subsonic ammo besides my 22s, which I’m not concerned with the energy there.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCountry101 View Post
                    I have a buddy who is a guide and deals with folks that don't shoot a lot. He says most his clients shoot SIGNIFICANTY better shooting his suppressed guns versus their own. The theory he has is that people don't flinch like crazy b/c the big bang. This might not be a factor if you shoot very often.

I have shot a few suppressed. One was a 6.5 with the silencer co harvester. It didn't have any recoil at all and sounded about like a 22 mag.

I terms of needing multiple, most I have looked at will fix 300 win mag and down. I am getting on ordered and am going to get my 257 threaded for it and a 243 setup for my 6 year old. Like others have said, I think it will help her enjoy shooting much more.
                    This guy gets it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                      This is one of the best least talked about “benefits” of a suppressor. We do a ton of night hunting with thermal, and you can’t see anything in front of you unless the thermal is focused on it. We talk mad **** when someone shoots and all you hear is the long crack. You can easily tell by the thump whether it’s a solid hit or not. Might not be a huge deciding factor to most, but man it sure makes for some great locker room humor after the fact.

Comment

You can go Form1 as well. This is mine in a 16” Six8 with supers. It’s completely hearing safe even when fired under a tin roof lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

the suppressor enabled my daughter to hunt. My only complaint is the silly waiting time and the fact they are overpriced. But the best gadget I have ever purchased for hunting

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            I see your question was answered.

I will add this.

The owner of Q I’m not a fan of. At all. The chances of them going out of business are much higher than dead air. Ask the AAC owners how it feels to have a suppressor you can get repaired. Or Crux. Stay with the big boys and you’ll be good. I haven’t kept up with all the new companies and their offerings. I’m scared to buy one then they go under. So I stick to Silencerco and Dead Air. I’ve never been impressed by thunder beast for the cost but they are good cans
                            But how do you know who will or won't stay in business. I like the Rugged Razor for price, weight and unconditional warranty but I thought Craftsman/Sears would be around forever many years ago. How about Griffin? I like the sportsman ultralight also.

Comment

Originally posted by Kossetx View Post
                              But how do you know who will or won't stay in business. I like the Rugged Razor for price, weight and unconditional warranty but I thought Craftsman/Sears would be around forever many years ago. How about Griffin? I like the sportsman ultralight also.
                              I don’t pay attention to griffin but a buddy loves their stuff.

As far as Q....read up on Kevin Brittingham.

Comment

I’ll let you know, the brother and I set up a trust, and he has the first can for it waiting on approval.

Comment

Working...
                                X