No announcement yet.

Bowtech new bow teaser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have personally shot a HCA bow over 400 fps with the ultra light arrows they sell and saw one before 1998 do the same.

Comment

Most Bowtech dealers got the call today, and were limited on #s ordered.
      I ordered.
      Frustrating to me for them to introduce a "Game Changer" bow, when most dealers are stocked.
      Now, customers that are entertaining a new bow purchase might wait till the Knight is released.
      I have no idea what this bow is.

Comment

I'm sure they can make a 400 IBO bow, but how loud is it going to be? How smooth will the draw be? I think those are the 2 factors that the engineers will struggle with. We'll get there but it'll be a few more years I think. IMO, the technology has plateaued a little bit.

Comment

crucify me now, but if i want to shoot 400+ fps under control, i'll buy a crossbow

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
            I'm sure they can make a 400 IBO bow, but how loud is it going to be? How smooth will the draw be? I think those are the 2 factors that the engineers will struggle with. We'll get there but it'll be a few more years I think. IMO, the technology has plateaued a little bit.
            Who cares how quiet. Deer can hear the 280 fps bows to. And dont forget,,,,
            Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370908480.376354.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	24208393

Comment

Originally posted by clayg08 View Post
              crucify me now, but if i want to shoot 400+ fps under control, i'll buy a crossbow
              Already gottem like Mudslinger said. And you can control it. Just not what im huntin.

Comment

I personally think companies are shifting gears a little bit. They tend to want to keep most their bows around 340 ibo. Just my observation.

It will change....the norm will go up I just think it'll take a few years for 370 to be common.....omen pro is rated at 366 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                  Already gottem like Mudslinger said. And you can control it. Just not what im huntin.
                  oh, what am i talking about ? the wife is gone and i'm in the mexican beer

i would probably be the first guy in line to buy a 400 fps bow

i just like seeing those big #'s

Comment

Id like to see a bow with 350 ibo at 32-33" ata with a 7" or bigger brace.....that would be ideal to me. However, DFC would mean something as well.....as long as it was as smooth as todays 330-340 ibo bows I would be happy.

I just don't think its attainable with todays technology. Someone would have to think of something very innovative......

Comment

Its already made bro. It's a 370 ibo with a 6 inch brace height. Not on the market yet. It's still in prototype mode. And i am sworn to secrecy. Its not one of the big companies. Only thing i dont like is its short. 32-33. I like 36-37. It may make 2014. Buy maybe not. If you think hard enough you know how I found out.

And there is no more Omen Pro. They changed the riser and several other things. The new one is the Omen Max. Same speed. 366. Supposed to be more comfortable.
                      Last edited by JW; 06-10-2013, 07:28 PM.

Comment

oh, what am i talking about ? the wife is gone and i'm in the mexican beer

i would probably be the first guy in line to buy a 400 fps bow

i just like seeing those big #'s
                        Bro thats HCA with speed pro arrows.

Comment

Bro thats HCA with speed pro arrows.
                          wow ! i just checked out the HCA site. several bows IBO'd at 340-355, then add their arrows and they average an additional 50 fps increase. i did see where one was advertised over 400 with a 6" bh

that might be kinda fun !

Comment

wow ! i just checked out the HCA site. several bows IBO'd at 340-355, then add their arrows and they average an additional 50 fps increase. i did see where one was advertised over 400 with a 6" bh

that might be kinda fun !
                            It is!!!!

Best part is HCA has the best warranty in the buiss. They warranty their bows with those arrows. Down to 3 grains per pound. And the bow holds together.

Comment

It is!!!!

Best part is HCA has the best warranty in the buiss. They warranty their bows with those arrows. Down to 3 grains per pound. And the bow holds together.
                              I just looked at their web site.....the extreme is a good looking bow. I know nothing about them or their products.....the arrow look interesting. How do they hold up or lifespan of them??? the bows seem fast but how do they compare to big brands....like Mathews for example Im in the market to upgrade from my Diamond to an MR6

Comment

The arrows that HCA sells are in a 5.5 gpi and 6.2 gpi, very light but very stiff and very, very brittle. I had one explode out of my bow shooting thru a chrono. I will not try them again, but it could have already been cracked. their IBO is not as far up there as some, but they have a smooth draw and are quiet. Mine is a 09 Speed Pro set at 29" and 70#'s and with a 410 grain arrow is shot 314 fps and with a 560 grain arrow it shoots 270. that is with a 7" BH also. They have models with a 6" BH that are a lot quicker. HCA is a good company that had problems then the founders son, Nathan, bought out his father, Spencer, and things have turned around as far as their CS and methods of selling and dealing with people. I personally am very fond of their bows, been shooting a HCA bow since 1989 and have not found one I like any better in that time.

Comment

Working...
                                X