X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tooth Age Please?

Comment

Comment

Jaw looks young but I have seen KNOWN 5.5 year olds look exactly like that.. It is a guess at best. What did his body/head look like?

Comment

Dentine on #4 not as wide or wider than enamel that surrounds it, so teeth say 2 yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            Jaw looks young but I have seen KNOWN 5.5 year olds look exactly like that.. It is a guess at best. What did his body/head look like?
            Was the known 5 yr old captured, wild, and ear tagged as a fawn?

Comment

Originally posted by Top Of Texas View Post
              Was the known 5 yr old captured, wild, and ear tagged as a fawn?
              Oh here we go again.......
              Trust me, he was 5.5.

Comment

tooth aging isn't perfect but if you brought that to me i'd say 3.5 all day

i think most deer wear their teeth pretty reliably but if you are losing your mind over it pull the front incisors and send them in

We are experts in deer aging. Call (512) 756-1989 for accurate and verifiable forensic cementum annuli deer aging. Wildlife Analytical Labs has been getting it right since 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                  Oh here we go again.......
                  Trust me, he was 5.5.
                  Somehow I only see that guy on teeth aging threads. I killed one that was 7+ this year with the teeth of a 4 year old. It’s a guess at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
                    Somehow I only see that guy on teeth aging threads. I killed one that was 7+ this year with the teeth of a 4 year old. It’s a guess at best.
                    He is a "biologist".. Educated I think. I do not trust books.

Comment

Comment

The teeth show at least 3, if not 4. Definitely NOT 2. And don’t waste your $$ sending the teeth in to have them cut. It’s no more accurate than a guess.

Don’t worry AT ALL what the teeth show. It is a horribly inaccurate way to age deer. I don’t care what any book says or what any person says. The most accurate way is to have history with that deer and deer herd. If you don’t have that then it’s just a guess that you have to base on body characteristics, attitude around other bucks, ect. But not the teeth.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                              And don’t waste your $$ sending the teeth in to have them cut. It’s no more accurate than a guess.

Don’t worry AT ALL what the teeth show. It is a horribly inaccurate way to age deer. I don’t care what any book says or what any person says. The most accurate way is to have history with that deer and deer herd. If you don’t have that then it’s just a guess that you have to base on body characteristics, attitude around other bucks, ect. But not the teeth.
                              The truth right here.

Comment

Working...
                              X