No announcement yet.

DFW area meat processing recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANother vote here for Plantation Meats in Sprintown...Had 2 doe done there and it only took 2 weeks to get them back.. And I'm very pleased with the meat..

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
      Your a CCR groupie.

And you're a Kuby's groupie

Comment

Originally posted by breese View Post
        Joshua meat processors is a little out of the way but they are good.
        This is who I used before I started doing my own. Did a good job for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
          Back at ya Kuby boy
          Originally posted by k9trainer View Post
          And you're a Kuby's groupie

Actually not. I use both but Kuby's is better. CCR is good, just not GREAT!!

Comment

I beg to differ. Definitely the best I've had

Comment

I've had good luck with CCR and Kubys. Used Ricks Outpost a few times but their hot links aren't as good as CCR.. Might give Rockwall a try next year.

Comment

Do it yourself. Easiest and fastest way possible.

Comment

Lewisville meat market. AMAZING

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations everyone! Looks like I have a lot of options to choose from.

Comment

Kuby's is good, but high. Great sausages for sure. Another choice with a huge selection of sausages is Hirsch's Meats in Plano. Good ole butchering is Ye Ole Butcher Shop close to down town Plano. They processed my sons elk this year and did a great job, the hot links are to kill over!!

Comment

i had a mulie buck processed at Joshua meat processing and it was well worth the money. That was a few years ago but if you're wanting to try something else? I had 2 WT processed at CCR this season and they were really behind with mine too but it's worth the wait IMO.

Comment

Another vote for Joshua.

Comment

Another vote for Old Town Meat Market, they only accept quartered deer in coolers!

Comment

I took a deer and an Elk to Gormans in Terrell this year. they had it all done in four days. Jalepeno and cheddar link and summer sausage is ridiculous. Will continue going back there.

Comment

Here's a list of one's I've used over the years and what I think.......

Kuby's.........expensive, good, but not expensive good.
                                Ye Old Butcher Shoppe...........OK, decent prices. Average.
                                Gorman's..........won't ever process another animal of mine, nothing else needs to be said.
                                Po Boy's (Merritt)........very good, quick, average price. Definitely would use them again.
                                Rockwall..........haven't used them, but heard good things. Close to home (2 miles away).

Comment

Working...
                                X