DFW area meat processing recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richard M. View Post
    I use Old Town meat market in Lewisville. They limit you to two different grinds, but that's because one guy does it and it's your deer. The sausage is awesome! I usually have them season and bacon wrap filets with the backstraps.

Fischer's in Muenster is good too, but would be quite a drive.
    I've often wondered about Old Town. But I ain't giving my backstraps to anyone.

Comment

Cinnamon creek always does a great job for us

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
        It looks like I'm going to have to start using a different processor to take my deer from now on. I've been using cinnamon creek (used to be Syracuse custom meats). I typically get 2 deer done a year and process the rest myself. I just put a call into them today asking if my meat was ready. This is a deer I killed during the extended season and dropped off the second week of January

The lady told me on the phone that they were running a little behind and it would be another 3-4 weeks. That is absolutely ridiculous! I started going to them about 7 years ago when they were recommended as being the BEST in the area. I think they are good but not that good to wait 3 months to get meat back. I've had taxidermy work done faster than that.

What other places do y'all reccomend in the Dallas/Ft Worth area?
        Even with that wait, they are the best in town. Things happen. I love how some folks are so quick to jump ship these days. Ridiculous.

Comment

Kubys

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
            Was a huge Kuby's fan until last year when I saw them mixing everyone's meat up in a general batch. No thanks. Don't want someone's half gutted, back of the truck for 5 hours deer mixed with my quartered deer on ice immediately prepared. Never again.

All the rest of our deer went to Rockwall Deer Processing and couldn't have been happier. I think the quality was better than Kubys and they do your deer, one at a time.
            You got to watch them process in the back?

Comment

Originally posted by breese View Post
              Joshua meat processors is a little out of the way but they are good.
              x2

Comment

Another vote for Kuby's.

Comment

Tims deer processing in Burleson off 35s is good but cant beat Ranch house in Menard aka Devine Outdoors Tommy does a real good job

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                    Cinnamon creek always does a great job for us
                    Same here. I have no problems waiting two months to get my deer back from them because it is worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by k9trainer View Post
                      Even with that wait, they are the best in town. Things happen. I love how some folks are so quick to jump ship these days. Ridiculous.
                      Yep.

Comment

My son takes his to Kuby's and has always been pleased with them.

Comment

Y'all need to do a blind taste test with Kuby's and CCR. I'll lay money Kubys wins...

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                            Yep.
                            Your a CCR groupie.

Comment

I would have a bigger problem getting taxi work in 3 months.

Please tell us who can do this...

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                                Your a CCR groupie.
                                Back at ya Kuby boy

Comment

Working...
                                X