DFW area meat processing recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DFW area meat processing recommendations

It looks like I'm going to have to start using a different processor to take my deer from now on. I've been using cinnamon creek (used to be Syracuse custom meats). I typically get 2 deer done a year and process the rest myself. I just put a call into them today asking if my meat was ready. This is a deer I killed during the extended season and dropped off the second week of January

The lady told me on the phone that they were running a little behind and it would be another 3-4 weeks. That is absolutely ridiculous! I started going to them about 7 years ago when they were recommended as being the BEST in the area. I think they are good but not that good to wait 3 months to get meat back. I've had taxidermy work done faster than that.

What other places do y'all reccomend in the Dallas/Ft Worth area?

Kuby's

Best bar none

And CCR is good. Not ragging on them at all as I've used them as well.

Comment

Kuby's Wild Game Processing in Dallas.

Comment

I've been using Plantation Meats between Springtown and Azle on 199. Fast, good products and you get your deer. Even on the products. Good folk.

Comment

Was a huge Kuby's fan until last year when I saw them mixing everyone's meat up in a general batch. No thanks. Don't want someone's half gutted, back of the truck for 5 hours deer mixed with my quartered deer on ice immediately prepared. Never again.

All the rest of our deer went to Rockwall Deer Processing and couldn't have been happier. I think the quality was better than Kubys and they do your deer, one at a time.

Comment

Try Hunters Choice in Sanger. CCR is good as well. Never tried Kuby's but always heard good things them

Comment

Joshua meat processors is a little out of the way but they are good.

Comment

Dans smokehouse in weatherford. Little bit of a drive but well worth it. Great people and easy to deal with.

Comment

Kubys is DANG good. Sorry to hear about your CCR experience, I love the stuff they do And will continue to use them.

Ye ol butcher shop here in plano is excellent as well.

Comment

I've used Kubys for several years and been very happy. I'd also give a thumbs up to Joshua Deer Processing. I've heard Rendon Meats is very good.

Comment

Mas Meat in Bridgeport. Had my deer back in 4 days.

Comment

Kubys here. Stephens in Abilene I like his work.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                          Kubys is DANG good. Sorry to hear about your CCR experience, I love the stuff they do And will continue to use them.

Ye ol butcher shop here in plano is excellent as well.

Ye olde butcher really dropped the ball this summer with me.
                          Mislabeled sausage, freezer burnt looking meat in the ground and took two months in June to process 1 axis doe minus tenders and backstraps and grind two pigs into breakfast sausage.
                          It's unfortunate too as I was their biggest fan after 4yrs of great track record.
                          Unfortunately this season I opted to give Ricks outpost a shot, while decent and turn around was ok in the dead middle of season, not a fan of their summer or link sausage.

Comment

I use Old Town meat market in Lewisville. They limit you to two different grinds, but that's because one guy does it and it's your deer. The sausage is awesome! I usually have them season and bacon wrap filets with the backstraps.

Fischer's in Muenster is good too, but would be quite a drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                              Ye olde butcher really dropped the ball this summer with me.
                              Mislabeled sausage, freezer burnt looking meat in the ground and took two months in June to process 1 axis doe minus tenders and backstraps and grind two pigs into breakfast sausage.
                              It's unfortunate too as I was their biggest fan after 4yrs of great track record.
                              Unfortunately this season I opted to give Ricks outpost a shot, while decent and turn around was ok in the dead middle of season, not a fan of their summer or link sausage.
                              Bummer

I will probably be back to using CCR or Kubys again since my new lease is along the way.

most of the time I process my own animals anyways. I drop one maybe 2 a year just to get pan sausage, hunter sticks and jap/cheese sausage made.

Maybe I need to start learning to make my own after hearing all these stories. I have all the necessary machinery already.

Comment

Working...
                              X