No announcement yet.

Found a Floor Safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local gun shop called S&W. They said it was manufactured in 1977 and was a Model 14 or 15. That’s all the info they had.

Comment

Local gun shop called S&W. They said it was manufactured in 1977 and was a Model 14 or 15. That’s all the info they had.

Comment

That gun is a cool find! I'd clean it up and if you don't feel competent at evaluating its safety/integrity, I'd take it to a gunsmith and have them check it out for you, then if it is good to go, get out and shoot that sucker and enjoy it!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          That gun is a cool find! I'd clean it up and if you don't feel competent at evaluating its safety/integrity, I'd take it to a gunsmith and have them check it out for you, then if it is good to go, get out and shoot that sucker and enjoy it!
          Local gun shop said they have seen guns in pretty bad shape before but had never seen one with this much pitting. They can clean it up but it will have pretty good scaring.

Comment

Very cool! I agree with others it might have belonged to LE at one time.

Comment

Originally posted by akstigo01 View Post

That is what I was thinking. I plan to see who, if anyone, that lived here prior was LE at some point.

I would be pulling tax history down at the court house in an instant!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

OP, so exactly how did you get it open? I see the pic but give us the play-by-play.

Comment

There have been 4 owners of the home including us. None of which were LE that I can find.

What I thought was the top plate turned out to be the actual safe. I was cutting a slit to try and find the bolts when I cut a hole through the top plat. After confirming that it was the actual safe I used a zaw saw to cut through the 1/4 inch box. Took more time trying to figure out what I was dealing with and experimenting than actually cutting it open. Definitely wasn't worth the $500 the locksmith wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by akstigo01 View Post
                    There have been 4 owners of the home including us. None of which were LE that I can find.

What I thought was the top plate turned out to be the actual safe. I was cutting a slit to try and find the bolts when I cut a hole through the top plat. After confirming that it was the actual safe I used a zaw saw to cut through the 1/4 inch box. Took more time trying to figure out what I was dealing with and experimenting than actually cutting it open. Definitely wasn't worth the $500 the locksmith wanted.
                    I need a beater smith for some experimentation if you want to recoup some funds

Comment

Seems you have the S&W model 15. 14 has a vertical sight and 15 has a ramp. The most obvious difference is the barrel length - 14=6" and 15=4"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                        Instead of concreting it back in, put the lid back on and float it with clear epoxy and leave it exposed as a conversation piece.
                        This!!!

Comment

A lock smith or you can find someone in Oak Cliff that can pick it

Comment

I’m in for the reveal

Comment

I'd say you're probably late...

Comment

Congrats on getting it open.
                                Curious....is there a box missing from the After Pic?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Before.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	24579914

Click image for larger version

Name:	After.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	24579915

Comment

Working...