No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another great day on the Colorado, this morning started off fast and furious. Brooklyn hooked probably 10 fish but only got 4 to the boat. I’m surprised we didn’t see the temper, I ended up boating 9 brown before noon. After lunch the weather changed for the worst and the wind kicked up pretty hard and the sky got dark. We boated 4 fish in tough conditions in the afternoon.

Comment

Thanks for the outstanding pics!

Comment

Looks like a great trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fished Seadrift/Port O’Connor yesterday for the first time in a while. We did pretty well and saw a lot of fish, but man that place is nuts. The number of boats, people anchored in cuts you need to go through, people willing to burn you, airboats running all around you, people cutting In line at the ramp.

It all almost takes the fun out of it. I try to avoid that place but we always do well this time of year. Already cannot wait for Late Fall and Winter when you can fish in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
            Fished Seadrift/Port O’Connor yesterday for the first time in a while. We did pretty well and saw a lot of fish, but man that place is nuts. The number of boats, people anchored in cuts you need to go through, people willing to burn you, airboats running all around you, people cutting In line at the ramp.

It all almost takes the fun out of it. I try to avoid that place but we always do well this time of year. Already cannot wait for Late Fall and Winter when you can fish in peace.

Seadrift during the week is awesome. You won’t catch me launching at Froggies on the weekends though! Charlie’s is even a mess on most weekends.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
              Seadrift during the week is awesome. You won’t catch me launching at Froggies on the weekends though! Charlie’s is even a mess on most weekends.

Michael

Yes sir. I wish I still had time to fish during the week without planning vacation. One day.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                S.L.O.W down and proofread your posts before hitting the submit button!
                But then our resident GOF wouldn’t have anything to complain about!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9892.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	24576828Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0649.jpg
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	24576829Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0580.jpg
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	24576830

Some nice ones from a recent NM trip!

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
                    [ATTACH]954668[/ATTACH][ATTACH]954669[/ATTACH][ATTACH]954670[/ATTACH]

Some nice ones from a recent NM trip!

Very nice sir. I need to check out NM one of these days.

Comment

Bump for Ghillie up

Comment

We waded the Perdenales in the park this weekend. Nothing to brag about fish wise but we had fun with little large mouth and perch. FYI, Cabelas in Buda has the Bighorn rod/reel/line combo on sale right now for 49 bucks.

Comment

Not my first bass on a fly, but it was my first river bass!

Comment

Originally posted by klooney View Post

Not my first bass on a fly, but it was my first river bass!

There is something uniquely satisfying catching river fish vs lake/pond fish.

Congrats!

I want to be like Chew when I grow old.... er.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post

Congrats!

Yes sir there certainly is

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post

Congrats!

I also want it known, I’m 7’6” 400 lbs... this bass must have weighed 6#

Comment

Working...
                                X