No announcement yet.

San Antonio Theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This week there will be an increase I bet as the National Sporting Clay Championship is going on.

Comment

Just imagine, if the cops caught the thieves, they'd have paperwork to do at the end of their shift.
      That would also interfere with their opportunity to sit along the feeder roads writing tickets.

Comment

sa

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
        San Antonio is a den of thieves. Only time I have ever been broken into or truck stolen was in SA. Three times while visiting.

Same here. I have been going to the national sporting clays championship there for 20 years. I had my truck broken in to about 10 years ago at a hotel.

Now I only drive my Prius to San Antonio when I am going to be staying outside the gun range over night.

I was just there over the weekend for the tournament and my shooting buddy was mad because I suggested we take the prius to the hotel and leave his truck at the range. This is exactly why!

Prius aren't too popular in mexico either. [/quote]
        Last edited by HuntForHorns; 10-26-2021, 10:08 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Re Stolen Trucks

Sorry to hear of the loss. We have a ranch just north of Laredo, and the F series 250 and 350 and the heavy duty chevy trucks are used to transport
          white powder, bales of grass and northbound non passport passengers all the time. We have had quite a few crash into our properties, and destroy the gates, or fences while trying to flee the BP, or DPS. Not saying your loss might be recovered, but once a vehicle comes onto our property, we ask if it is stolen, if its not stolen, it is parked behind a large barn and just sits there for driving practice for my kids, . The stolen ones get towed away for turnover to the insurance companies.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapperhead94 View Post
            Just imagine, if the cops caught the thieves, they'd have paperwork to do at the end of their shift.
            That would also interfere with their opportunity to sit along the feeder roads writing tickets.
            It’s amazing how they have a speed trap setup @ the UTSA BLV over pass on I-10 with 8-10 cruisers only 3/4 mile from the rim
            And huge vice squad sting on south side, chief Mcmaniss WTG

Comment

Seems to me that if the Sea World parking lot is a hot spot, that they must have some inside help.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
                Seems to me that if the Sea World parking lot is a hot spot, that they must have some inside help.
                It certainly seems that way. Either the worker at the gate, security guard, or they've got someone posted up just outside of the entrance watching you go in.

Comment

I've lived in SA for 15 years now and haven't had an issue yet (knock on wood). I'm a project manager for a construction company and hit several areas of SA with my work - the good parts and the bad parts. I don't think San Antonio is a ----hole like everyone is putting out. I've got friends in Austin and Houston that have had several issues as well - heck in their front driveways at times (Ford F250 of his driveway in the afternoon in Houston). That being said I've got friends here too as well that have had issues. It's all about timing - wrong place at the wrong time. If they want in they'll find a way. The pros do it so fast a cop standing 50ft away might not even notice it. The Ford trucks are on the top of thieves list not just in SA but all over the state. Pay attention to your surroundings and work them to your advantage if you can - not a thieves. I know the parking lot at Sea World might not apply to that for the most part with it being so large.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
                    That is typically how it works.

Though some say law enforcement isn't doing anything its quite the opposite. Now.... With the liberal DA's and what not doing nothing to prosecute is effecting motivation can be a conversation on its own. That being said they (including some fellow greener's) are doing everything they can. The huge Rim bust included 1-2 security patrols from the rim and that is why they were so efficient.

Also, with todays technology in vehicle's its even easier to steal a truck (and it was already easy before). I watched the security of my buddies newer F250 that was stolen where crews are going around with a computer/device that can remote unlock and start these trucks, as long as they are within approximately ~50', and take off. From the time his truck was started up to backed out and driving down the isle was maybe 25 seconds and this includes no alarms going off.

A big chunk of the breaks is supposedly from a massive group of thieves (believe they started in Houston) that rotate between the 4 big cities. My wife's car was hit ~4 years ago by this group.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                      You would think that they would have an automated system checking plates at the border, but I guess that's too much to ask.
                      You don’t they don’t swap out the plates?

Comment

I've had plates stolen in Del Rio twice in the last 8 years

Comment

Boy, if you had an Apple Airtag in that thing you would probably have a general idea where the truck is.

To think theft doesn’t occur by the minute in San Antonio is putting the old noggin in the sand.

Comment

I have a 2019 F250 and it has a push button start. I'm headed to San Antonio in a couple weeks. Whats the best way to keep it from getting stolen?

Comment

You would think that they would have an automated system checking plates at the border, but I guess that's too much to ask.
                              they do have LP readers. all the talk you do about the border and you didnt know that?

Comment

That's racist...or something.

OP, sorry the luck. As the proud owner of a 2012 white F250, I keep full coverage and low deductible on mine specifically because of this. The truck was a dream of mine in high school, and I worked my butt off to buy it.

The only solace is one day those same thugs will keep up their thuggery, and they will meet the wrong end of a .45.

Comment

Working...
                                X