San Antonio Theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Antonio Theft

Last weekend, I took my family out to San Antonio to go to Sea World and enjoy all the fun stuff a 4 year old girl might enjoy before we start just going to the deer lease all the time. My in laws were eager to join us, and offered up bringing their camper so that we could stay in the camper and save the money on a hotel. We got up Friday morning, ate breakfast, and headed to Sea World. We got there before they opened the gates, and got the $33 preferred parking to get us closer to the gate. We took my wife's 4runner with the 2 kids and they drove his long wheel base F350 that he pulled the camper with. We went in and had a good time, but went out only to find that his truck was gone. After the cops get there, and we talk to security we learn how common this is out there. Cops told us that truck was the holy grail for trucks going to Mexico, and that his truck was LONG GONE. This is a WHITE, King Ranch, Long wheel base, F350, 4" lift, Ranch Hand front bumper, and an extended 80 gallon gas tank. Luckily for us my brother in law's girlfriend lives near San Antonio, so he was able to drop off his truck so that we could haul the camper home. It is a white F250.... We got up Saturday morning and took my kids to the drive through zoo, and the in laws stayed back most of the day to iron out the business of having their truck stolen and everything that was in it. Finally around diner time they call us to say we can meet them for dinner at a Mexican food joint by The Rim. They were inside waiting on us when they heard a car alarm going off, so they went outside to check "just in case". Well someone had broken into that truck and tried to steal it as well. Once it didn't just crank right up, they rummaged through the console and took off.

If you have a white F series truck be aware they are super easy to break into/steal. It is like one swipe of a screw driver on the drivers side door and they're in. It doesn't take them 2 seconds.

Yeah that place is an absolute crap hole. My brother was recently out there for a business meeting. He and a few other co workers went out for dinner. ALLLL of their trucks were broken into while eating. Most of them had f250/350s and had their door handle locks busted. One of the guys had a duramax and his window got busted

Comment

You would think that they would have an automated system checking plates at the border, but I guess that's too much to ask.

Comment

The entire Rim area is like that. I won’t even considering taking my truck to BPS.

Comment

I try to do semiannual PSAs on this topic in San Antonio. I am sorry they got your family

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
            You would think that they would have an automated system checking plates at the border, but I guess that's too much to ask.
            Yep, not that hard.
            They just don't want to catch them. I mean why would they as they can't do anything to them if they do catch them.

We need to vote for a new law where car thieves get a bullet.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your in-laws truck. San Antonio has been really bad for a while. Best to either avoid or get a cheap rental car if you have to go where the tourist go. I used to stay in SA for business but now I just find a hotel in a neighboring town.

Comment

Oh yeah, I know that feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a cousin and a couple other close friends that live in San Antonio and all happen to drive Ford trucks. In the past year they have had their trucks broken into close to 10 times. One of them has had his Raptor broken into 4-5 times in 4 months. It has gotten crazy there.

I wonder, does Laredo, Del Rio, or El Paso have these same issues with trucks being broken into or stolen? You would figure those cities would be even worse being the vicinity they are to Mexico?

Comment

It's not all of SA, just certain areas.

Comment

Time for a sting, but I've been saying that for years.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                        ha ha ! you said Border. what border?

its a crying shame.

Comment

I installed my kill switch on my F250 exactly for that reason.

80% of the F250's/F150's stolen in SA are in Mexico with 3-4 hrs. The other 20% are parked a mile or two away and completely stripped.

Not a shot at the OP by any means but blows my mind people don't realize/heard of this issue. Its been crazy for 10+ years and I know of 5 different people who have gone through it (1 person has twice). During the holiday season I bet 100+ trucks are stolen out of the RIM area alone each year. Ford has made it entirely to easy for their trucks to be stolen and blows my mind (again) they refuse to make changes to address it.

Sorry you had to experience it sir. Never leave anything valuable in your truck in SA "especially the NW side" and if you drive a Ford get a kill switch.

Comment

F series trucks all have this issue. San Antonio doesn’t really prosecute anything so there you go.

What is crazy to me is you can’t steal a 1999 Camry but it’s 2021 and this happens all day everyday.

Silverado’s and GM stuff the wheels get taken at night. Put you a set of double wheel locks now. It’s coming.

Comment

with cooler weather you could have someone sit in the back seat of the truck at BPS with a baseball bat and start breaking hands. no cops involved, just break them and drive off.

Comment

Working...
                              X