X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post

My 78 TA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That was the best looking year. But I still want a 72-76 455, 4spd Trans AM, they don't look as good as the 78s, but they are pretty stout.

Comment

Where is the 68’ located

Comment

This was my second Mustang, second 69 Mach 1. I had two candy apple red 351W 69 Mach 1s. The first Mach I bought for $1500, this one I bought for $500. It took two or three years to fix it up, but it came out pretty nice. I put a factory tach, it had the fold down rear seat, someone before me, pulled the top loader 3 spd and put a top loader 4 spd. Then it had a very rare intake on it. I warmed it over a good bit. This car was my first head porting project. I used to keep about 12 to 20 pairs of heads in the garage that I would port, then take to school and experiment on the valve job. The heads never stayed on the engine for more than two weeks. I would have another pair ported and a new valve job and would want to see how the new head work, actually worked on the car. The car was a rocket, a blast to drive. Had multiple chances to buy other old Machs, Shelbys and Bosses, but I passed on buying any of the cars that were worth a lot of money. I knew I would modify the hell out of them. Which could result in me blowing up the engine or damaging other rare parts. So I did not buy some really nice stuff years ago.
        Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 08-16-2021, 07:02 PM.

Comment

My 2011 SS convertible, all stock. Just broke 50k miles, she barely broken in.
          She is a beast.
          Attached Files

Comment

My first car was a 1973 Plymouth Duster. Didn’t have the 340 in it, but had a 360 with an upgraded racing cam. The 6-7 MPG combined with a 12 gallon gas tank & broken fuel gauge left my highschool self stranded a lot.

I’ll see if I can still find pics. It was fast.

Comment

This car was actually a 79 hatch, that I intended to race, with a lot of suspension work, then a 351W, and top loader. Basically picked up where I left off with the second 69 Mach. But the plan was this car was going to hook and run hard, as where the Mach was a tire boiler.

I wound up finding a 72 Ranchero, that someone put a 71 429 CJ in. Then someone robbed the heads off of it. The rancher had a nodular 9" case in the bed, Detroit locker in the bed, then some 351C closed chamber heads and a 351C 4V intake and all brand new valves. Then a complete 71 429 CJ big block top loader from a 71 Torino. Then the Ranchero had a C6 in it and a 9" under the back end. I bought the whole thing delivered for $200. That kept the 71 4 bolt 429 CJ block traded the crank for a 460 crank, then had the block bored .030" and made it into a 466. Then I went to work porting three or four different pairs of big block heads for the car, made three pairs of headers for the car. Build up the C6 for the car, sold off all of the other parts that came with the Ranchero. I eventually ported some EFI 460 heads, then made some long tube headers for those heads, but then found a 88 mm turbo. So I scrapped the long tubes and made some turbo headers. So at one point this car had a 466 with a 88 mm on it, with a C6, then a narrowed 9" with a nodular case, Detroit locker, and probably the only set of 4.10 gears ever made for a 9", usually the gear ratio in that range would be 4.11s, but I found a brand new set of 4.10s, so they went in the case.

Then I bought a 88 GT, I could not get the title for, so the body parts went on this car. Then I had a stout 306, bullet proof T5 I built, then a stout, 8.8 I built. At the time the only other car I had was the 85 GT convertible. I had the T5 and the 8.8 in that car, with a warmed over 302. But really did not want to put the new 306 in that car, because the convertible body flexed badly. Then this 79 hatch had the best suspension you could buy, back in 1994, back when I was buying the suspension parts for the car. Since the 79 hatch had very good suspension, had a greatly reinforced chassis and a roll cage, the 306 went in the 79 hatch. The big block, C6 9" and the 88mm, all got sold. Back in the early 90s, 5.0 heads up racing was big, there was no place to race a big block with a turbo heads up, about all I could have done with it, back in the early 90s was bracket race it, I was done with bracket racing by that point. I only wanted to do heads up racing.

So the 306 went in the 79, with the built T5, and built 8.8. The car ran mid 11s for a short time, before some guy rear ended the car, when I was driving it home from work. The car wound up over a foot shorter than it was before the accident. The guy who hit me, was in a F350 4X4 Power Stroke truck, he hit me with the pedal on the floor, trying to out run another truck. He wound up hitting me three times. Really messed the car up, so it was done. Just got it working correctly and some bone head smashed it hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Buckaroo View Post
                My 68, Not much to look at but Performance is my bag!
                570 hp 454, turbo 400 with shift kit, 2500 rpm stall converter, B&M shifter,
                Ford 9” posi, disc brakes

For Sale $25K
                Pm inbound..................

Comment

This was my demon 85 GT convertible, this car blew the doors off many cars, shocked my guys. Got accused of spraying nitrous many times. When you blow the tires off hard, in three gears, then finally hook and run down and blow past, some car that has about 10 cars you you by that point, you get accused of running nitrous. More so, when they figure out you have a 302 with factory iron heads and a worked over factory Holley carb.

The car had two different cams in it, depending on what point in history, then the same pair of ported factory iron heads, then I tried two different intakes I ported. Then long tubes, built T5, then either 4.10 gears or 4.56 gears, depending on what point in time and a good bit of suspension work.

This car either scared the crap out of anyone who was in the car, or they fell in love with it, if they got to drive it. It was a screaming demon, it was a blast, just wish it was a coupe and not a convertible.

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post

Anybody looking for a project?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    No I have one of my own. 72 sting ray 454 with every option but the luggage rack. Just needs some tlc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	429C95E1-36B5-4CD9-B169-8211B67CACC6.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	24653648

Comment

Then my 93 Lightning ****, it was decently quick, but drank fuel, like there was a hole in both tanks, and the brakes sucked. The suspension was amazing. This thing would hang corners like my SVO. Which before this truck, I had a very warmed over 85 SVO. That I ported the head on, ported the intake, put a larger turbo on, then the biggest roller cam Ford Motorsport made back then. Then I put a much bigger fuel pump on it, and some other stuff, I don't remember, the SVO was a rocket. I sold it and bought the 93 Lightning new in 93. I don't have any pictures of the SVO.

The Lightning mods were, I put a Ford Motorsport A351 cam in, it, Cobra 1.7 ratio rockers, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, K&N filter and a few other mods. I finally got it down into the 14s, it was about the slowest thing I ever owned, crappy stock F150 brakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Buckaroo View Post
                        My 68, Not much to look at but Performance is my bag!
                        570 hp 454, turbo 400 with shift kit, 2500 rpm stall converter, B&M shifter,
                        Ford 9” posi, disc brakes

For Sale $25K
                        Wife just told me "it would be your car" uh ok dear.....................

Comment

This is my 89 GT, first engine I built for it, was a cheap pieced together build. I pieced together a full set of stock pistons and rods, took two or three sets to find a full set of good pistons. Then a stock 87 block, and crank, then a pair of Explorer heads I ported, some 1.7 ratio rockers, then a later Explorer intake that I chopped open and ported, then welded back up. Then a 70mm throttle body that had a broken shaft, that I repaired and then used. Then a 73mm MAF. Some long tubes, 2 1/2 " off road H pipe, mufflers, tail pipes. This car, put down more than most of the other NA 302 or 306 engines that I have ever dynoed. It did so with a factor intake and heads. The heads still had the factor valves in them. I just ported them, some chamber work, then a valve job. This engine had the B302 cam, that was originally in the 85 GT convertible, years earlier.

Then later I pieced together a better 306 short block, with some aftermarket rods and pistons, still a stock crank. The same heads, then a Edelbrock Performer RPM, that I repaired, then ported. Then a Comp XE282 cam, all else was the same as the first build, same throttle body, headers, exhaust, injectors.

The car, had a 93 Cobra T5 I built, then a 8.8, with 3.73 gears at first, then later I switched to 4.30s, it still has 4.30s in the rear. The 306 broke the crank in half, about six months ago. I sold off all of the pieces of the 306 and the T5, all of the exhaust. I have owned this car for about 12 years. The whole time, I have searched for factory 93 Cobra side skirts, but they are near impossible to find. I have finally found a full set in very good condition. Then I got a really nice hood for the car, then some brand new 93 Cobra tail light lenses. The car came with the 93 Cobra rear bumper cover and the 93 Cobra spoiler. I now have most of the rest of the 93 Cobra body parts. I will have the rest soon. I am going to make this into a 93 Cobra clone. I have a lot of new or very good condition factory parts for this car. When it is back together this is going to be a very nice car.

I am building a 408, with aluminum Cleveland 3V style heads, really nice intake. I have a Holley Hp computer, LS coils and some very nice fuel system parts. Then a T56 transmission and scatter shield. I am going to put some 94 up front and rear brakes on the car.

I am finally building a flow bench. Once the flow bench is built, I will port these heads and intake. Then I will build the headers, exhaust, mufflers, then the engine. Then wire up the Holley and build the fuel system. This car should be a blast to drive.

This car made about 400 flywheel hp with both the 302 and the 306, with this new 408, it should be over 700 hp. With the T56 and either 4.30 gears or 4.56 gears, this should be a blast to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgunguy View Post
                            Big Block 4spd car?
                            Yes LS5 454 4 speed

Comment

Then this is my coupe, it had many 306s for years, with a built T5, that started off in the 85 GT convertible, then later the 79 hatch, then this car. Same with the 8.8 rear axle, I first had that axle in my 86 police package 86 coupe, then it went in the 85 GT convertible, then it went in the 79 hatch, then this car. That axle, has had, 3.08s originally, when it came from Ford, back in 86, then I put 3.55s, then 4.10s. Those same 4.10s went into the 85 GT, but then they got pulled out for some 4.56s, those 4.56s and axle went into the 79 hatch, when it went in that car. Then that axle with the 4.56s went in this car, but at first the engine would not rev high enough to make use of the 4.56s, it was floating valves for a while, I fought that problem for quite a while. I went back to 4.10s. Then eventually built the all aluminum 302 based 364 engine I just pulled out of the car. I have sold off most of the pieces of the 364. Going with something bigger, not sure yet.

This car started off with the built T5, and EFI 306, stock computer, ported TW heads, and ported BXR intake, whole engine from the 79 hatch. First past it spun all the way through 1st and 2nd gear, then hit the rev limiter in every gear. went a 11.94 at 116 mph. Eventually it went as fast as 11.02, at 125 mph, still with a NA 306, with stock crank, stock block, just decent rods and pistons, then the ported TW heads and BXR and a custom hydraulic roller cam. With the 306 T5 combo, the car ran nice, would carry the wheels all the way through 1st, set them down, when I hit 2nd. It would run straight as a arrow all the way down the track. It ran beautiful with the T5, 306 combo. I was running 26" tall tires with that combo, had cut stock 4 cylinder rear springs. That combo, turns out to have been a great combo, it got the instant center very close to perfect. But when I switched to the 364, I switched to either 275/60/15 MT E/T drag radials or 28X10.5 E/T Drags both are 28" tall. Both were big enough the tires would rub, so I pulled the cut 4 cylinder springs and put a pair of stock height 5.0 springs in the car. It never worked for crap with those springs. Those springs raised the rear up and threw the instant center off, the car would not hook for crap, once I did that. So the bigger tires did not help, they only hurt the car's performance. They would have helped, had I mini tubbed the car, narrowed the rea axle, and set the back of the car down some. But I did not know that at the time.

The 364, had a mild solid roller, cam, same heads, same intake, then some Kooks headers and new exhaust. The engine was only 10.4:1 cr, so it would not be a big deal driving it on the street. Then I built a C4 for the car, first time I ever raced a automatic, I absolutely hated the auto, even with a trans brake and full manual reverse shift patter valve body. The convertor, would stall to 5200 rpm. Most of the time, it ran with the 364, it had 4.10 gears, at times I tried 4.30s. I ran both drag radials and MT E/T drags. The fastest passes were on the drag radials. For a while, the car was consistently running 10.21s at 131 mph. The car would never 60' for crap when the 364 was in the car, could not figure it out for a long time. On my last pass at Pinks All Out, the car left very hard and put 3 cars on a car that consistently ran 9.60s. It never left like that before or since. Those numbers would put the car, where it should have been, by all of my calculations. So I tore the car apart and found all types of problems. The convertor was a lot of the problems with the car, then the axle housing was serious bent, all types of ways. I have since bought a lot of very nice suspension and chassis parts to make this car work, since that pass at Pinks.

I have a very nice pro shifted Doug Nash 5 spd, that I put in the car for a while, after the C4 got pulled. I am either going to put a large cubic in. 9.5 deck small bock in the car or a moderate cubic in. big block. I have pieces to both laying around. I have either a decent sized blower I can put on either engine or I will put twin turbos on the car. I would love to build one of the big blocks, stroked to somewhere between 530 to 557 cubic in., with some small twins on it, so it will spool very fast. But then I have the blower, that I have not found a home for yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mullet View Post
                                My first car was a 1973 Plymouth Duster. Didn’t have the 340 in it, but had a 360 with an upgraded racing cam. The 6-7 MPG combined with a 12 gallon gas tank & broken fuel gauge left my highschool self stranded a lot.

I’ll see if I can still find pics. It was fast.
                                I had one of those for a little while. Same engine. Blue with half white vinyl top. One of many Mopars I owned.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Working...
                                X