X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of mine

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

We planted our 10 acre oat field on Wed. Got a little rain on it yesterday but not was forecasted.

Comment

Had more rain so the last seeding has taken hold, especially the peas, and is looking good. Just waiting for the deer to concentrate on it.

Comment

Just planted 5 acres of wheat yesterday. Hoping we get some good rain this week to get it going. Will overseed some crimson clover when I fertilize in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This is a plot I planted in millet thatch.

ZERO equipment other than sprayer and I used the atv to roller pack the thatch flat. Seeded direct into thatch and walked (drove away).
            Attached Files

Comment

following. Are there any easy plant oats on the market, or do I need to have machinery?

Comment

Planted ours about two weeks ago in Mills county. Had about 3/10's of rain on them. Big problem now is deer pulling them up before the roots take hold.

Comment

Originally posted by tiacoponelli View Post
                  following. Are there any easy plant oats on the market, or do I need to have machinery?
                  Oats are generally going to be easy to germinate as long as you get good seed to soil contact. No heavy machinery necessarily needed.

Comment

Took a walk in the rain this afternoon to “the cottonmouth “ to check plots.

This plot was sprayed first part of September. Shredded October 1st and broadcast straight into the thatch on October 5th with fertilizer. No soil disturbance at all

This hill top plot is solid iron ore rock. Very poor land
                    Attached Files

Comment

We are going straight native on a couple of spots on the ranch. Just clear the slope and bottom of an old dirt tank. Plan on going back with a native grass mix and cereal rye mix Thanksgiving Week. The purpose of the rye is to keep soil intact and once it dies off offer a foundation from which the native grasses can grow from

Grasses will be: Blue Grama, Buffalograss, Black Grama, Galleta, Green Sprangletop, Little Bluestem, Wildrye, Purpe Three Awn, Sand Dropseed, Curly Mesquite, Sideoats Grama, Bristlegrass, Western Wheatgrass, Alkali Sacaton, Sand Love Grass

Comment

My plots are looking great, planted them opening weekend of archery. These are from 2 weeks ago, starting to fill in nicely. I put out a couple of resource cages to track the growth rate. Taking some fertilizer this weekend, to give it a boost. Deer are flooding into them, should hold them in my area all winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                              I think you will be surprised. I got great results last year.

I got caught up moving round bales out the field until dark for the last 2 days, and didn't get to throw and mow ahead of this rain! I will post pics when I get round to it.
                              I haven’t made it back to the lease but a friend said it was looking pretty good. I close on my house next week so hopefully I can get back up there before thanksgiving. I will be sure to update the thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X