View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 10:04 PM   #760
TXJIM
Ten Point

Hunt In: Gillespie County
Just rolled in after 14 day, over 3,600 miles and three tourneys in Houston, Fort Myers and Atlanta. Spent the last 7 days in Atlanta at the Perfect Game 15U/2022 WWBA Championships. 312 teams in 39 pools, pool winners make it to bracket play.

We were 5 and 1 going into our last pool game and a win put us into bracket play. Coach gave my son the ball and he showed out against the 2nd highest run scoring team in our pool. 4 innings, 1 hit, no walks and 7 K's on 4 different pitches. We won it in a run rule.

We beat the East Cobb Astros In the 1st round of brackets then ran into our parent club's national team who we had given up our short stop to for the week. We had the same situation in June at the Wilson Premiere West and lost to them 3 to 2 after having the tie run on 3rd in the last inning. This go round we were simply out of pitching. Ended up losing 8 to 0. The National team went on to win going 12 and 0 scoring 113 runs and giving up 8.

We made it down to the final 32 of 312 teams and boys played their hearts out. Great experience and I am sure a lot of the boys got on some college radars.

Here is a little clip of my son's 7 K performance:

https://youtu.be/zBrzKjoZSIA

Last edited by TXJIM; 07-19-2019 at 10:09 PM.
TXJIM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top