No announcement yet.

Processor issue- need input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learn to process your own and this won’t happen.

Comment

Actually had something similar happen to me at Bellville Meat Market. Marcus and Jerrod Poffenberger got me another Axis doe and made things right AND let me keep the sausage from my doe.

That's one of the reasons I use them for processing and of course their meats are great.

Comment

I usually defend processors because I was a meat cutter/mkt. manager for 25+years and have a few friends that have processing business`s, but someone had to have their head up their A__ for this to happen.....especially on an axis. It would take a lot of chap stick for me to get over this. If they make it right then they are good people and I was wrong.

The manager says the processing guy will be back Monday and they will “work it out” what can be done here?

Like Ron White said.....and I`ll agree...You can`t ride home on a bowl of goat.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
          Actually had something similar happen to me at Bellville Meat Market. Marcus and Jerrod Poffenberger got me another Axis doe and made things right AND let me keep the sausage from my doe.

That's one of the reasons I use them for processing and of course their meats are great.
          ^^^This^^^ ask them to buy an axis doe and cut you some steaks...

Awesome buck, congrats !!!
          Last edited by Pedernal; 08-24-2019, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Thanks fellas! I will post the name and the outcome Monday

Comment

I like pan sausage, my teeth are about all gone, steaks are hard to chew

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                Sounds like you need to go on another Axis hunt!
                This is what I'm thinking as well. Let's book a quick axis doe hunt before deer season and I'm in!!

Comment

At the very least that pan sausage shouldn't cost you anything. Be firm with them.

Comment

I would not be one bit happy. Was there written instructions that you both agreed to?

Axis can be bought from speciality markets. He could buy and ship a few packages of steaks to you to ease the red arse.

This is just another reason I started processing my own many years ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Hopefully they aren't your taxidermist, too!!

Comment

We used to have a processing business. That's why I do my own and some of my friends.

Comment

Only a hundred pounds of breakfast sausage from that buck? Half of that should have been pork. I agree with the HoustonHunter that your processor likes axis steaks.

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
                            Only a hundred pounds of breakfast sausage from that buck? Half of that should have been pork. I agree with the HoustonHunter that your processor likes axis steaks.

That’s what has me thinking something ain’t right. They looked In the cooler today and said there were no other boxes with my name but I’m hoping for a mix up. I was expecting allot more than 50 pounds after deboning

Comment

Well good news prevails lol

They mixed up my order and found the steaks in another area. All good here

Comment

Good deal. Just a thought, if you have to cut the back straps out anyway, might as well just cut those into steaks and vacuum seal, leave the rest to the processor.

Comment

Working...
                                X