Processor issue- need input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Processor issue- need input

Well after 20 years of admiring axis on other people’s ranches I was finally invited on a corporate hunt last week and was able to harvest my first axis! I was more excited than a little kid with buck fever lol.

Anyways I dropped the meat off at my local processor with strict written instructions to use front shoulders and neck trimmings for pan sausage and then cut and tenderize steaks out of the rest.....

I picked it up today and it’s 4 boxes of pan sausage only! No steaks and the last thing I needed is 100+ pounds of pan sausage!!

The manager says the processing guy will be back Monday and they will “work it out” what can be done here? This sucks as my whole plan was for steaks with pan sausage being minimal

Sounds like the processing guy likes axis steaks too. [emoji6]

Sorry you’re dealing with that. Not sure what you can do if they ground everything up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Meh, crap happens and no one is perfect. I will bet you might get a discount on the next critter you bring them, but i doubt they can waive a wand and turn sausage into steaks.

Nice Axis though, don't let a botched job on the meat ruin your hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
        Meh, crap happens and no one is perfect. I will bet you might get a discount on the next critter you bring them, but i doubt they can waive a wand and turn sausage into steaks.

Nice Axis though, don't let a botched job on the meat ruin your hunt.
        Beat me to it. Maybe next processing job is deeply discounted. Beautiful axis.

Comment

a processor messed up a blackbuck my wife shot.. they made it right and gave me some REALLY nice ribeyes.. several of them and I was ok with it.. I had enough blackbuck meat in a few varieties, steaks etc to try it out and the beef ribeyes to make it right.. maybe they will do the same. good luck

Comment

make them pay for another axis hunt and process yourself so it is right...lol not sure how they will fix that I assume they will offer a price cut hopefully there is an order form showing what you requested, I don't use processor so not sure how all that works

Comment

Yes I have the drop off ticket clearly showing steaks. The admitted it’s their fault just not sure what to tell them or ask for when they call Monday

Comment

I would leave it at the processor and work out a trade for some beef .

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                  I would leave it at the processor and work out a trade for some beef .
                  Maybe this. I'd offer to let them offer you something. Say, 'hey look I was supposed to get x amount of pan sausage, so I'll keep that. Let's work a trade for the rest?' Worth a shot, anyway?

Comment

I had that to happen on a cow elk. 10,000 lb. of elkburger and just the backstraps in steaks. He didn’t charge me for it and I never used him again. That’s about the way my first divorce turned out..

Comment

Had a buddy end up with 300+ lbs of elk hamburger lol he didn’t want any burger. He was slightly ******.

Comment

Sounds like you need to go on another Axis hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                          Sounds like you need to go on another Axis hunt!

Best advice I’ve heard so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd be very upset for sure considering it was your first axis deer.

Maybe they would be willing to buy you another axis hunt or perhaps pick up the taxidermy tab for shoulder mount for your buck. Those may be out of proportion to their mistake but who knows, maybe they'll come up with something acceptable.

Comment

If they are good folks and it was just an honest mistake I'd settle for no charge on the processing and then I'd spread some sausage around to my friends and family.

Comment

Working...
                              X