Anyone else shocked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, do you guys think that the value of the land did not increase at all in the past year? Real estate is booming all over and everyone knows it aint getting any cheaper. I guess a better question would be, could you sell your land at the appraised value, or even more? I dislike my property taxes increasing as well but I'm about to sell my house for a 100% appreciation after 7 years, cant really complain about that side of it.
    23.3% increase in one year? No, it did not! I give people enough credit to understand the concept of appreciation. I also think we understand when we are being taken advantage of. My 52 year old house did not suddenly jump in value by almost a quarter when absolutely no improvements were made. Ok, I did mow the yard a couple times and trim the trees. This year I was thinking about cleaning the pool but don't want another leap in appraised value.

Comment

My mortgage payment has gone up tremendously because of the value jump, which in turn makes my insurance go up, since I now have to insure it for the value of the home, and at some point if it keeps going this way I will have to decide on whether I am going to have to leave the family place and sell it, or stay and try to survive.

Comment

They get us in every way possible. Even when I finally pay off my house, Ill have to rent it from the government at about $750 a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Soggy Bottom View Post
          Might need to start a new thread for this but what is the process of protesting property taxes? Mine too increased and I just bought it in January and have done nothing to it.
          We've been in the current house 14 years and it's gone up $4k-$8k every single year, meanwhile I've kept watch on actual house value the whole time. Taxes are a good $60k-$80 out of whack with real value now. I think this year is the first year I'm actually going to go ahead and protest. Tried it before and found that I had to show up in person which prevented me doing so at the time, now I can do that.

Comment

Did you look at comparable comps to see if the Appraisal was fair?

Everyone thinks their place is worth less than market until they want to sell. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I recommend all my clients here in Austin to use ProTax to fight their taxes, y'all might look into if they work in your area as well. Pretty sure you only get charged 30% of what they save you, win-win situation.

Comment

I'm protesting mine this year

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                  Don't forget that while they are raising the taxable value they are also most likely increasing the percentage of that value that you are being taxed.

When you head to the polls vote for candidates that recognize the extreme problem that we have with property taxes. Schools are a huge part of this. Stop voting for increased spending. If throwing money at schools was the answer we would have seen a noticeable improvement in schools during this real estate cycle.
                  If y'all would stop voting all these libtards into office maybe our taxes would stop rising

Comment

They are going to get all they can while they can.
                    ISD's and county government are the real crooks.

Comment

Just checked online. Over the last four years our taxable value has gone up a minimum of $119K per year. Largest annual increase was $144K. The ****able misery of it all is that the increases are supported by comps. You never really own property in the State of Texas--you just rent it from the state.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                        Just checked online. Over the last four years our taxable value has gone up a minimum of $119K per year. Largest annual increase was $144K. The ****able misery of it all is that the increases are supported by comps. You never really own property in the State of Texas--you just rent it from the state.

Absolutly correct.
                        My wives family has had a house on lake LBJ since the 60's been paid off for 40 years and it cost $11500
                        Per year to own.....pure bull****

Comment

Protest, protest, protest.. I amazed at how many don't.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                            [/B]

Absolutly correct.
                            My wives family has had a house on lake LBJ since the 60's been paid off for 40 years and it cost $11500
                            Per year to own.....pure bull****
                            Yea it's a raking for sure!!! Tough pill to swallow...

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                              I recommend all my clients here in Austin to use ProTax to fight their taxes, y'all might look into if they work in your area as well. Pretty sure you only get charged 30% of what they save you, win-win situation.
                              I argued myself last year and got $80k knocked off... so I would have to pay this service $24k for doing what I did in 1 hour? Somebody wins in that deal...

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
                                I argued myself last year and got $80k knocked off... so I would have to pay this service $24k for doing what I did in 1 hour? Somebody wins in that deal...
                                Uh, no. 30% of what they save you. You didn't get an 80K reduction in your taxes--rather in your assessed value.

Comment

Working...
                                X