No announcement yet.

Alaskan Cruise - Who's done it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We did Holland America last September, I think it was 8 days at sea and 8 days on land. Was a great experience, would like to do it again someday. I really enjoyed the land portion. Seams like August 30 thru September 16 with with airfare alcohol, and excursions for two people was like 12,000

Comment

Haven’t been but I want too. Alaska is an amazing place.

Comment

Went a few years back out of Seattle. You will not regret an Alaskan cruise.

Comment

We've done the inside passage cruise 3 times now, all through Princess, and I'd highly recommend it. The bigger boat has more on-board entertainment and more food options, plus it's cheaper. We'll go again, but this time do glacier bay and probably a cruisetour rather than just a cruise. You can do the criusetour less expensively if you go in May or September (beginning and end of the cruise season). If you want more on your own time, rather than do a more expensive smaller cruise, just do a do-it-yourself Alaska vacation (RV, rent a car, etc.).

Comment

Norwegian Pearl
            Juneau- helicopter to glacier, dog sledding, crevice exploration stop on way back
            Skagway - rented car, drove 150 miles into Canadian Yukon, to emerald lake, sand dunes, suspension bridge, waterfalls
            Glacier Bay
            Ketchican - ziplining, lumberjack show, seafood
            Victoria BC - boring tourist trap

Amazing trip, will never go on a cruise again.
            Next time I'll fly in and explore.

Comment

My wife and I wanted to go this summer for our 20th anniversary, but it just didn't happen. She is VERY motion sensitive, she even "feels" multi-story buildings swaying. I'm not sure that she wouldn't be sick for the entire trip. It is on my bucket list, though.

Comment

We went on one in April and had a great time.

Comment

Working...
                X