No announcement yet.

Value of old money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a lot of the exact Confederate currency shown top left, from $20 bills up to $500 bills. For collectors, rarity and condition determines value. Quite a few banks in the south issued currency - from my research there’s a ton of the bills you have out there so they are not worth much. Maybe face value or a little more

Comment

Value of old money

“I’m interested but I’m not sure what they’re worth. Let me call a buddy of mine down that knows everything there is to know about old money”

[emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
        “I’m interested but I’m not sure what they’re worth. Let me call a buddy of mine down that knows everything there is to know about old money”

[emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Lol

Comment

The one's and five's withe the blue seal right of center are "Silver Certificates"... Used to be that you could turn in the paper money and get an equivalent value of pure silver from the Gubment... When we moved away from the gold standard, that ability went away. Back in the '60's folks collected silver certificates so they could turn them in before the deadline and get face value in silver at the time, not value of silver when the bills were issued... Don't know if they are "collectable" now and worth much or not.

Comment

Working...
          X