Chaparral 2021/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
    Guess I can jump back in here now. Just received my permit after “ pending 2nd draw” for archery 11/30-12/3. Hardly believe I got the second draw for this one. Now to plan accommodations or camp.
    This will be my first trip to the Chap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go buy yourself a lotto ticket! congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by STXBOWHUNTER73 View Post
      Go buy yourself a lotto ticket! congrats!

Yea that may be the plan tonight. That’s how it feels anyway. Need to get a TBH hat so I’ll stand out

Comment

Also drew for November 30- December 03. Good luck to everyone and see yall there.

Comment

Originally posted by axisbowhunter View Post
          Also drew for November 30- December 03. Good luck to everyone and see yall there.

Looks like TBH will be there in force congrats

Comment

Going to be at least 6 of us TBH’rs with buddies there for the 30th. Should be a heck of a live hunt to follow for those that want to.

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
              Going to be at least 6 of us TBH’rs with buddies there for the 30th. Should be a heck of a live hunt to follow for those that want to.

You can bet there are a few lurkers that will be there, what is funny most won't admit it at orientation on the hunt. Had a few slip up after a couple of days or beers. We know you are here and besides the best info is exchanged in private messages.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                What is everyone's points here? Im at 10 for gun and 8 archery.
                5 for GDE, A/S...
                2 for Archery because I was lucky enough to draw the Chap 2 years ago for Archery. Wasn't lucky while there though.
                2 for NWR Archery.

My daughter is at 2 for the YGD-E/S and 1 for the YGD-A/S. She's only 9 so second year applying. She drew the Chap A/S hunt last year and came home with her first kill. A large Javelina.

Comment

Originally posted by ABWGTX View Post
                  You can bet there are a few lurkers that will be there, what is funny most won't admit it at orientation on the hunt. Had a few slip up after a couple of days or beers. We know you are here and besides the best info is exchanged in private messages.

I ordered a black TBH hat to wear for ID and I’ll bring y’all along as I have a service

Comment

Plus as soon as I have my compartment I’ll post it in the live feed for any good pms that might come my way.

Comment

good luck fellas, looking forward to the live hunts

Comment

Originally posted by Carta Valley View Post
                        I got drawn to bow hunt the Chaparral 12/7 - 12/10. Man, I'm fired up! Who's going when I go? Sent me your cell number on a PM and I'll look you up at the campground if you will camping out. Wondering what phase the rut should? I'm guessing pre-rut. I know that the moon phases will be favorable.
                        After 12 years we finally drew. Me and a good friend will be there on these dates as well... The rut should be Getting rolling.. Pray for cold weather.... Should be a great hunt... It will definitely be an adventure... Good luck.
                        Last edited by PondPopper; 09-01-2021, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Just a heads up for first timers. Some compartment roads are pretty over-grown with brush. If you got yourself a new Silverado this year, it will more than likely be pinstriped at some point. Same with tires, assume everything you drive over has thorns. I didn't get any flats, but it was always on my mind.

Comment

Hoping my son gets drawn today for the youth GDE hunt at Chaparral.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                              Just a heads up for first timers. Some compartment roads are pretty over-grown with brush. If you got yourself a new Silverado this year, it will more than likely be pinstriped at some point. Same with tires, assume everything you drive over has thorns. I didn't get any flats, but it was always on my mind.
                              Thanks for the heads up, I am either driving my lease truck down or trailering it just for this reason.

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
                                Thanks for the heads up, I am either driving my lease truck down or trailering it just for this reason.
                                Don't get me wrong, the main roads are great. I was in the section by the wildlife viewing area and the main roads to the east were not used much. It was easy to avoid, but just noting it can be a little thick in places.

Comment

Working...
                                X