2020 Ford 6.7 Powerstroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
    Not sure what color or package you're wanting, but I remember you were interested in the 6.2 gasser. I've got a good buddy that's thinking about trading his for a 2020. He has a 2019 Ingot Silver Lariat Sport F-250 long bed with the 6.2 and 4.30 gears. Has 12-13k on the truck and loves it, but he's drooling over the 7.3 in a identical F-350.
    True, I am torn between the 6.2 gasser, maybe the 7.3 gasser or a 6.7 Diesel. Pretty sure I do not need the 4.30 gears as I have had those before in a diesel, but I do not plan on needing anything that low of gearing. Is his truck a 4x4?

Comment

Yes sir it is. FX4 offroad package crew cab. I've got another buddy that has an identical short bed 250 as his, but the 3.73 gears. The 4.30 truck gets as good of mileage surprisingly day to day, and slightly better when towing. The 4.30 truck is stuck to the speed limit on the highway though. He's a state trooper, and behaves himself. Id expect its mileage to drop considerably the faster you go.

Comment

Yes sir it is. FX4 offroad package crew cab. I've got another buddy that has an identical short bed 250 as his, but the 3.73 gears. The 4.30 truck gets as good of mileage surprisingly day to day, and slightly better when towing. The 4.30 truck is stuck to the speed limit on the highway though. He's a state trooper, and behaves himself. Id expect its mileage to drop considerably the faster you go.
        Let me know when he is ready to sell and what king of price please.

Comment

Will do. Hes been going back and forth on it the past two weeks, and sold his jeep in anticipation of buying another.

Comment

Will do. Hes been going back and forth on it the past two weeks, and sold his jeep in anticipation of buying another.
            Thanks. It makes my stomach hurt looking at the prices on the new trucks!

Comment

Never thought I’d see the day were $59k for a pickup was considered a crazy good deal....

Comment

Never buyba 1st or 2nd year new model/drivetrain

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                  I wouldnt worry about it being a "new" year model as much. They revamped some stuff but it wasnt a complete redesign on the motor. If you are looking at a dually look at the 450's also. It has a wider front end so it actually has a better turning radius than the 350's due to the steering angle being greater. I a not surprised to hear that the power in a 2020 feels similar to a 19 down. Most of that power doesnt become available till the final gears. Ford doesnt want all that power from a dead stop to limit warranty items.
                  The transmission is a complete revamp, and based off the half ton 10 speed. I would be very concerned about that. Then again, the new super duty is basically a tall half ton with some bigger springs and bigger motor.

Comment

I'm hesitant to jump off in the 2020 because the new transmission and engine changes. I've been more then please with my 2017 except handling the trailer weights that I deal with on occasion. My daughter just got into showing so I bought an aluminum gooseneck show trailer, it squats the heck out of the f250. More so than the 20' bar top gooseneck that I had. I also custom cut and bail hay through the summer season and we haul hay on occasion, sometimes 21 bales per load and the f250 doesn't like it. Power wise not an issue. I'm also tired of climbing into bed to hook up gooseneck so will probably pull the bed and install flat bed. I like the idea of buying 2019 because very little issues but don't want buy one and then regret later not waiting on a 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                      The transmission is a complete revamp, and based off the half ton 10 speed. I would be very concerned about that. Then again, the new super duty is basically a tall half ton with some bigger springs and bigger motor.
                      Just an FYI, Yes, the new Super Duty Transmission is based on the same "Design" of the F150, but COMPLETELY different size internals. The Super Duty 10 speed is has much beefier components. You can find quite a few videos detailing the differences. About the only thing both trains share is the word "10-speed".

Comment

Originally posted by PredatorControl View Post
                        I'm hesitant to jump off in the 2020 because the new transmission and engine changes. I've been more then please with my 2017 except handling the trailer weights that I deal with on occasion. My daughter just got into showing so I bought an aluminum gooseneck show trailer, it squats the heck out of the f250. More so than the 20' bar top gooseneck that I had. I also custom cut and bail hay through the summer season and we haul hay on occasion, sometimes 21 bales per load and the f250 doesn't like it. Power wise not an issue. I'm also tired of climbing into bed to hook up gooseneck so will probably pull the bed and install flat bed. I like the idea of buying 2019 because very little issues but don't want buy one and then regret later not waiting on a 2020.

Considered putting a flatbed on your ‘17 and putting bags in the rear? Just a thought that might buy you a year or two to let the new drivetrain prove itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                          I've done this with 2 trucks back to back and haven't had any issues. 2009 F150 then 2017 F250.
                          Agree. The best truck I ever owned was when Ford first put the Super Duty platform on the road. To top it off, I went with a V10. I put almost 300K on that truck with zero issues save for one windshield wiper motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                            Just an FYI, Yes, the new Super Duty Transmission is based on the same "Design" of the F150, but COMPLETELY different size internals. The Super Duty 10 speed is has much beefier components. You can find quite a few videos detailing the differences. About the only thing both trains share is the word "10-speed".
                            For sure, the mechanical parts are upgrades. The electrical/circuit boards/solenoids are not.

Here is my best shot at an analogy. The Cowboys put some awesome talent on their team year after year. However, year after year, they do terrible because the underlying problem with the Cowboys is not the players, but management. Well think of the good Cowboys players as the beefier internals, and management as the electrical/circuit boards/solenoids. No matter how beefy those internals are, the things telling the internals what to do are still meant for the stresses of a half ton. And that would be my concern on this first run of the 3/4 ton 10 speed. If I am about to spend 60k on a truck, I am going to give the MFG a year to sort everything out.

Comment

my 2020 6.7 is getting 18-20mpg 3.55 rear and 35" tires. So far, I am very happy but time will tell all.

Comment

The 10r140 is rated for 1,032 ft ibs of torque. The 2020 6.7's make 1,050 ft ibs of torque. I wouldn't touch one for a long time. Go get a 19

Comment

Working...
                                X